PDA

View Full Version : Churchhill hunt club, KY

hearthorse
Apr. 11, 2011, 12:54 PM
Has anyone bought from them? Know anything about them?

Thanks!

gardencreekfarm
Jun. 29, 2011, 11:02 AM
There was a post somtime ago about them. They argued that noone had ever heard of them (those that are in the horse buisness in KY), and that they seem over priced and misrepresented. They also complained about the fact that the website maker had many spelling and grammer mistakes on their websites, and that the videos of the horses showing were phony and the horses heads were tied down to make them appear collected and relaxed when actually they look quite stiff and strained. I don't know these people so I can't be of much more help as I am wondering the same thing. On a positive note I can see that some horses in their videos do not have martingales and are being ridden with a loose rein, the horse seems to be a little on the high strung side but he moves freely and has a big stride which shows me that he's most likely not drugged. There are some things I do not agree with about what I've seen so far; three and four year olds SHOULD MOST DEFINANTLY not be jumping anything on a regular basis let alone 3ft fences and up. Their knees are not closed and their bones are not to their full strength, they are still growing. Also in the videos as a seller you should always include walk, trot, and canter in the video and if your horse knows lead changes or jumps you can add that in the video as well. I see some beautifully well kept horses on there. As for the credibility of the owner of "Church Hill Hunt Club" I don't know but wonder the same thing. In the last thread the supposed owner wrote on it and did not give a good arguement for themself, and embarrased themselves. If anyone knows anything else about these peope I'm interested in hearing. Their website it www.churchillhuntclub.com (www.churchilhuntclub.com)

findeight
Jun. 29, 2011, 11:33 AM
I live in the area and know most involved in the h/j show world.

They do not enjoy a particularly good reputation, there are some public records involving legal actions and few would buy from them. Self included.

You can do a search for that other thread or just page back-it is probably still between pages 2 and 10-12 or so. It was back up on page 1 about a week or 10 days ago, can't have gone too far.

Oh, the tight martingale is a very old trick to flip a sale horse ASAP. Makes it look like it knows more then it does and keeps the lid on most misbehavior. It won't hurt them but teaches them sqaut. Always make me wonder when I see that on any sale horse from anybody. Safe to assume it knows less then is apparent in the picture.