PDA

View Full Version : Brag Post!

Heliodoro
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:54 AM
Couldn't NOT share!!

I have owned my horse for about 7 years. In those seven years, I have been told by no less than 3 people that my horse will not make it as a successful eventer and to sell him. I did put him up for sale the first two times, no takers and I wasn't that committed to the idea honestly. Goober was never the boldest horse out there, our dressage was good, almost always top 5 after dressage, but xc began disasterous and SJ wasn't much better.

Eventually, I got him to relax in jumping and we went double clear xc in 2009, awesome! Went to BNT as a WS to try to really go somewhere that summer... had my heart broken after one of our best jumping lessons ever: "You'll be lucky if he ever gets to Novice." Left her barn, focused on having fun, moved again to another trainer. Started foxhunting, daily hacks again, really enjoying my horse and competed another horse with more natural jump talent. New trainer comes to me 30 days before Fall GVRDC HT says I should take Goober. OK, enter and work my tail off getting him back into flat work and actual jumping lessons. GVRDC was a total success, 34.3 in dressage and one rail SJ for a 3rd o/o 11 in BNR!!!

This winter my trainer starts making noises about going Novice this coming season, I start thinking this could actually be a possibility if I can get my SJ nerves under control and Goober really jumping. Started taking bimonthly jump lessons and things are going awesome, he's actually pulling towards the fences and giving me his awesome bascule he used to have. Trainer mentions local unrated Jumper show in March, say we have to go. We enter 2 classes in the 2'9" division. OMG, he jumped out of his skin and tore up the ring!! Both double clear rounds and jump offs! Never thought I'd see the day my horse would enjoy SJ!!!

This past weekend was another unrated jumper show, trainer says we should aim for a 3' class!!! Warm up with a 2'9" class, own it coming in 3rd!! What!?! Goober 3RD!!! IN JUMPERS!! I come out and my trainer tells me she scratched my other 2'9" and put me in the 3' class, I am so stoked for this. For once I am not having an anxiety attack before I go in the ring, it's such an odd feeling to be totally prepared! We ended up double clear in the first round and I took a risk in the jump off and he tapped a rail down, but wow he tried so damn hard for the next 3 jumps! I wish I had pictures, but there will be plenty more opportunities for those. However, my little cousin saw our first round after never seeing my horse jump before (she knows of out trials and tribulations) and she was estatic!

So freaking proud of my horse!:yes: Can't wait for May for our first Novice course!! I can't contain how happy I am!

Tazzie
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:07 AM
That's awesome! Congratulations!

Zu Zu
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:11 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO GOOBER AND HIS OWNER :cool::yes::D

ON A JOB WELL DONE

CONTINUED GOOD LUCK IN MAY ~

BE PROUD AND THANKS FOR SHARING YOU GREAT NEWS ~

Kairoshorses
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:31 AM
Way to GO! I LOVE it when the horses prove the "experts" wrong! :D

ddashaq
Apr. 11, 2011, 12:24 PM
That is awesome! Yay for your guys!:)

EventingJ
Apr. 11, 2011, 12:58 PM
big congrats! :)

belleellis
Apr. 11, 2011, 02:16 PM
AAAWWWW! Awesome!

I<3Sleepy
Apr. 11, 2011, 02:29 PM
Fabulous! Congrats for all you've accomplished (and accomplished it while having FUN to boot!) :cool:

wolfmare
Apr. 11, 2011, 03:53 PM
Great to hear! Love these real romance stories, when loving goober horse wins the National! Or you know- like your Goober learning to love the jump. Great trainer story too!!!!

FLeckenAwesome
Apr. 11, 2011, 11:02 PM
WHoo hoooo!!!!! That's fantastic!!!

Mukluk
Apr. 12, 2011, 12:50 AM
You and Goober showed 'em!!!!! Way cool!!! Pics?