PDA

View Full Version : Ogilvy half pads

fordtraktor
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:50 AM
Are these nice? I have a half pad fetish and am lusting after one of these. I like that it seems to have more coverage than many.

Are they thick? I have a Supracor that I love but need something a little thinner for one of my horses. I have an old Professional's Choice half pad that he loves but is discontinued. It is 15 years old and REALLY worn out, I need something to replace it. The new ProChoice half pads don't look the same but the Ogilvy looks very similar.

Nowhere around here to see before I buy, so thanks for any help you can give!

*Southwinds*
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:08 AM
Don't know how popular they are in the states (that is where I am assuming you are :)) but in Canada they are everywhere.

I know some people complain they are "thick" but they do squish down quite a bit once you put the saddle on and then again once you sit in it.

The feel of them is amazing...I have rode in a friends' once and it was quite nice....although they are steep in price :)

I have been debating on purchasing one...but when I did ride in it I did feel that my horse was more comfortable and moved out a bit better....but then I thought maybe it was all in my head?

fordtraktor
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:16 AM
Thank you! Yes, they are pricey which is why I am a little gun-shy, if I don't like it I will have wasted a lot of $$!

klmck63
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:56 AM
They are great! Definitely everywhere in Canada.

The cover is removable and washable, which keeps it looking brand new. I've had mine for about three years now but it looks as nice as the day I bought it and I can't really imagine ever having to replace it.

They are a little thick but squish right down as soon as you have the girth done up. The company is really nice and will customize the covers however you want them, and embroider them for you.

I find it nice and comfortable and I think my horse does too. I would definitely recommend them!

sansibar
Apr. 11, 2011, 11:05 AM
I LOOOOOOVE mine too, I keep contemplating buying another one because they are so awesome! They are really great. And as everyone said they are quite popular up here.

ifiwereyou
Apr. 11, 2011, 12:33 PM
They are very popular up here.... Have ridden in one before and I definitely noticed a difference in my back and the way the horse was moving! Worth the money for sure