PDA

View Full Version : Stubben EZ-Control Bit

ClaireCaipirosco
Apr. 10, 2011, 11:41 PM
Hi,

I'm looking at the Stubben EZ-Control Bits for my horse, and I was wondering if anyone had tried them or knows someone that tried them and how they liked them. Would love to know what you think.

Thanks!

-Claire

shoponee70
Apr. 11, 2011, 01:38 PM
I have a full cheek with the oval link in the middle. I like it a lot. I bought it for a pony stallion I show on the line for a friend. He pulled and yanked around a bit, and didn't seem to like the D he was in. The full cheek makes it easier to keep him from trotting on top of me if he gets too close to me as well.

I love the 'lock out' feature where it only flexes 'away' but so far and then locks out so it becomes rigid and inflexible. I think it's worked nicely for the pony. When I would jog him on the line sometimes he would get silly and playful and like to show off ( such a boy!) =) He would kind of ignore me when I would try to politely refocus him to the task at hand.

The lock out feature - for me has been a good fit as now when he acts like a baby, if he ignores me and yanks away when I'm trying to get him to focus, the bit goes from soft and flexible to rigid when he yanks away. It has really helped
get his attention when he's trying to show off.

I can't speak for how it will work for being in the irons, but I would imagine it would have a similar effect. light and pliable when the horse is soft and in the bridle, but if he pulls or leans on you; the bit goes almost 'mullen mouth' and loses the softness until the horse gets off your hands.

Jaegermonster
Apr. 11, 2011, 05:15 PM
These bits have been discussed several times that i can remember, do a search and you will probably find more info.
That said, I have the Ez control gag, and my horse really likes it. So do I. It makes it a lot harder for him to lean.