PDA

View Full Version : Spring Bay novice helmetcam

riderboy
Apr. 10, 2011, 08:25 PM
Beautiful day at Spring Bay in Lexington KY, Masterson Station. If you want to see what happens when you forget to unclip your air vest, skip to the end.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK61eCvrA_I

deltawave
Apr. 10, 2011, 08:34 PM
Bwahahaaa! <-- (vest malfunction)

Good ride! No water?

Gryhrs
Apr. 10, 2011, 08:41 PM
No! The only disappointment of the weekend :(

Ajierene
Apr. 10, 2011, 08:57 PM
So...you wrote 'vest' on your arm to remember and still forgot.... HA!

I like how your companion decided to tell Margaret you fell off, that's awesome.

Nice ride...and there was water! That puddle right before fence 14, come on people!

riderboy
Apr. 10, 2011, 09:23 PM
So...you wrote 'vest' on your arm to remember and still forgot.... HA!

!

Yes! I get quite pumped on XC, even novice. Usually it's one of the fences I forget!

slp2
Apr. 10, 2011, 10:36 PM
Fun! Thanks for posting. Looked like a very straightforward novice course. Nice ride and loved the vest mishap! :lol: I wonder what % of refill cartridges are purchased just due to riders dismounting without detaching?

BestHorses
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:31 AM
Fun! Looked like a great day.

Soon we'll all be desensitizing our horses to the whoosh sound the air canisters make so the horses don't run off when we forget to unhook before dismounting.

You are evil boys for conspiring to tell Margaret you fell. :)

Mudroom
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:00 AM
And no comments from you that needed to be bleeped out! you handled it much better than I would have. Your horse may have uttered a few.

Auburn
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:00 AM
The creek crossing was our "water" complex. If the CD had flagged it, it would have eliminated a lot of folks in BN.

There was one poor girl who had a 26.9 in dressage, only to get 39 time penalties on cross country because of that creek crossing.

Riderboy,

Great helmet cam! I will live vicariously riding Novice with you. You did the ramp/hill slope jump (which scared me just looking at it), beautifully. Piece of cake. As for the vest, when Paul saw you walking back with your vest inflated, he thought that you had fallen, too. I was happy to hear that you were just absent minded. :)

ACMEeventing
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:37 AM
That's awesome. I love the "whoops!" when the vest inflated.

deltawave
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:45 AM
Next time write VEST on your horse's neck! :D

ltmac
Apr. 11, 2011, 01:08 PM
Wow! Great video! Thanks for sharing. :)

DLee
Apr. 11, 2011, 01:23 PM
Loved it! Great job!

Zephyr
Apr. 12, 2011, 01:55 PM
I rode the same course, it's awesome to see it from helmet cam perspective!

Gestalt
Apr. 12, 2011, 02:26 PM
What a nice horse you have! :) Really cool vid of the course, did your helper say you were in third? How did the rest of your event go?

riderboy
Apr. 12, 2011, 03:12 PM
What a nice horse you have! :) Really cool vid of the course, did your helper say you were in third? How did the rest of your event go?

First. It was my first win EVER! That's why I was so pumped, I was afraid I'd blow it. I definitely don't do this for the ribbons! Although, they are nice.

Mtn trails
Apr. 12, 2011, 03:33 PM
Great ride! What a beautiful venue for an event. Congrats on the win too. I must admit, I am addicted to watching helmet cam videos. I scoure You tube for ones I haven't seen on a weekly basis and ride vicariously.