PDA

View Full Version : Musical Freestyle

ET's Home
Apr. 10, 2011, 08:10 PM
Nope, not in the wrong forum. Have a chance to ride a musical freestyle and it can include jumps. I've searched on youtube, saw the threads from last year, but can't find any examples. I don't want to just ride over jumps with music in the background, would like the music to somewhat match the pace, style, etc. We show both hunters and jumpers so I may mix up the lines, a nice flowing huntery line, then a snazzy roll back to the liverpool.

Any thoughts on music? What would match an elegant TB mare with a great hunter canter, but can also turn on a dime?

Nothing sappy sweet for me, no country:no: I am partial to the 80's :D

ET

supershorty628
Apr. 10, 2011, 08:41 PM
Do you have videos on your computer? If you have some way to watch videos of your riding with a program like iTunes open, you can play around and see what songs match your horse's tempo. I do it for fun sometimes with my videos (I'm kind of a loser sometimes).

ET's Home
Apr. 10, 2011, 09:00 PM
I do have some videos from last year - good idea!

My drive to work is ~1/2 hour which I usually spend thinking about my last ride, lesson, show, etc (not work of course) with the Sirius radio blaring. Sometimes a song comes on and I can immediately feel her canter under me, or I can hear the temp of her trot.

The good part of this freestyle is I can design the course ahead of time and measure out the strides.