PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ridden with Danny Warrington

Kelanbec
Apr. 10, 2011, 03:53 PM
I was perusing clinics for this year and I came across one at the Graham Equestrian Center in MD with Danny Warrington. Has anyone ridden with him or at that facility?

raave05
Apr. 10, 2011, 05:30 PM
A number of people here have ridden with him so you should get some responses here or you can do a search for some older threads.

I have ridden with Danny a few times down here in Texas and really have enjoyed him. I have a hot OTTB and Danny's philosophies really click with my guy. So if you have a hot horse or green one that you are looking to give more structure to, then I would highly recommend Danny.

Highflyer
Apr. 10, 2011, 06:30 PM
He is very outspoken and definitely has opinions about everything. I am not sure his style would appeal to everyone. But he is very dedicated as well.

Kelanbec
Apr. 10, 2011, 07:32 PM
My horse is hot and green as well so hopefully we will click as well. I did a thread search but the one that came up was more concerned with him riding without a helmet than the actual clinics. I'm just starting out and the clinic is supposed to an intro type. I'd just hate to get there and waste his time on such basic instruction..although I guess that if I'm paying he's not wasting his time.:)

scubed
Apr. 10, 2011, 07:35 PM
I have not ridden with Danny myself, but have watched him coach at events and he is definitely evry bit as invested in the lowest level riders as the more advanced. For a hot green horse, I would recommend him

Lucyjane
Apr. 10, 2011, 11:16 PM
We have been lucky enough to have Danny Warrington in Texas for the winter, and he is easily the best teacher I have ever ridden with.
Anyone who truly wants to learn seems to hold equal importance, from the smallest child on a shetland pony, to the people headed for the "stars".

rustbreeches
Apr. 11, 2011, 01:41 AM
I galloped with Danny years ago at CNL and he is a great horseman. Very professional and wonderful to watch on keyed up TBs. Stays unruffled through anything and has a great no nonsense approach to horses

riderboy
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:12 AM
I did a clinic with him at Flying Cross and loved him. I would do another in a heartbeat.

Gryhrs
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:32 AM
I have ridden with him and HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! I only have taken one clinic but use some of the tools that he gave me everytime I ride.

Heliodoro
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:15 AM
I did a WS stint with him the summer I bought my horse from him (2004). I learned a ton and to this day I have his little comments running in my head when I go ride. He is very outspoken, but not in a rude "you suck, you should take up golf way." He is very good with the greenies and lower level riders, he wants you to have a solid foundation instead of a rider ripping through the levels.

If he ever came anywhere close, I would definately go back for more!