PDA

View Full Version : fitted pads for forward flap saddle

mortebella
Apr. 10, 2011, 10:03 AM
hey all - I'm trialing a Northrun Doswell II and really like it, but while it measures approx the same as most of my fitted pads (the actual seat measurement is right on 17 3/4") and my pads are 17 1/2" the flap is much more forward and they don't come close to fitting. My half pad doesn't fit it either. It's too long for my square pads too. Looking through my catalogs I don't see extensive inchwise measurements for most of the pads, just M, L, and that's mostly in the $150 and up range. Prefer not to spend that much right now. Measuring from the front of the flap to the back panel it's about 25 1/2"; anybody know of fitted pads in those dimensions that don't cost an arm and a leg?

alakazam
Apr. 10, 2011, 10:06 AM
http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-19726&c2p=ppv

I was just looking at this pad. I may suck up the shipping cost and get one. They're cheap enough to start with.

indygirl2560
Apr. 10, 2011, 10:24 AM
I went through the same search for my super forward flap saddle. Every pad I tried didn't fit. I received the mattes hunter pad as a gift and it fits amazingly! It does cost and arm and a leg but the sheepskin is top quality and the pad fits like it was custom made for my saddle. If you can't find anything cheaper, maybe save up to give it a try.

mortebella
Apr. 10, 2011, 10:54 AM
The dover pad brings up a good point - call customer service and ask for suggestions!!