PDA

View Full Version : Heads up for changes at Difficult Run horse trials!

eventmom
Apr. 10, 2011, 07:23 AM
Hopefully this link will work!
http://drpc.ponyclub.org/horsetrials.html

Basically, this year we are adding "A test of choice".
That means if you want to add an extra test to your event, be it dressage, stadium, or x-c,
go ahead!
Or if you don't feel ready to participate in all phases of the event at all...go ahead and do the portion you are ready for.
Or what if you would like to give the next level up a go in one of the phases....that would be fine too!
Dressage and stadium tests are $25 each. Cross country is $45
You still need to pre-register by the 19th of April to participate.
So head on over to our website and give it a go!

MeghanDACVA
Apr. 10, 2011, 08:00 AM
Sounds cool. Wish I wasn't in Area V :-(.

eventmom
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:07 AM
bump!

Glenbaer
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:18 AM
This sounds like a creative idea that could be greatly beneficial to young horses and young riders (or anyone, for that matter!). Several of my youngsters should be out to play at the August trials.

Just to confirm, am I correct that Brian Ross is the May course designer, and Morgan Rowsell is the August designer? Both men do excellent work and provide forward, thinking courses. These should be great learning opportunities for competitors to begin the spring and fall seasons.

Thank you for "thinking outside of the box" and offering this format to the area!

eventmom
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:14 AM
The course designer for both spring and fall is Morgan Rowsell. Gigi Winslet is on stadium.

Difficult run went through an extensive process to get this approved and recognized by the USEA/USEF, and it does follow all of their rules.
Of course these tests will however not be recorded.