PDA

View Full Version : Intro to eventing clinic

Kelanbec
Apr. 9, 2011, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know if/where/when they are having any this year in Area 2? I couldn't find a schedule on the usea site. I've just been to a couple schooling shows so I believe I am still eligible.

Eventer55
Apr. 9, 2011, 09:28 PM
I think Kelly's Ford is having one on the 17th. Look up the web site for Kelly's Ford Equestrian Center and it should have the info.

I was wondering why you would think you might not be eligible, it's just a clinic, go and have fun. You can always learn no matter how many events you've been to. Plus Kelly's Ford is a great place to start.

Jaegermonster
Apr. 10, 2011, 12:15 AM
For the intro clinics you are not supposed to have competed in a recognized event.

IronwoodFarm
Apr. 10, 2011, 07:44 AM
CDCTA is sponsoring the clinic at Kelly's Ford on 4/17 which is being taught by Jim Moore. Jim is a wonderful teacher and very encouraging to the lower levels.

There is no restriction relating to prior entry in a recognized or unrecognized HT. Typically there are some experienced riders with green horses at the clinic as well as first timers. The clinic is the day after the Kelly's Ford unrecognized HT, so everything will be set up to XC, stadium and dressage. It's a fun clinic.

Kelanbec
Apr. 10, 2011, 11:55 AM
Shoot!! I won't have enough time to plan to get up there. What a neat place! It looks really gorgeous. I'll have to add an event up there into my schedule. Make it into a weekend trip since its a 5hr drive.

piaffequeen
Apr. 10, 2011, 04:12 PM
Caroline Atherholt who is located in Eagle Rock, VA (about 4 hours from Carthage, NC) is having an Eventing Camp at her farm I think in June. She is awesome! and had loads of xc jumps at her place. Her phone # is 540-960-1307-best bet is to text her and ask her about the camp.

:)

lilymunster
Apr. 11, 2011, 11:57 AM
Fullmoon Farm in Finksburg MD is having a "1/4 star". It is an introduction to eventing with all 3 phases over a 3 day period. Check them out.