PDA

View Full Version : Any trailer shopping website recommendations?

ClassynIvansMom
Apr. 9, 2011, 01:44 AM
I'm shopping for my first trailer and I'm trying to do my homework, but some of these websites that pop up with google have buggy search engines. I've got a lot of information so far, and there are a few that I'm interested in going to look at. What are your favorite sites to look for something like that, and which ones are generally the most up to date? I've been searching craigslist a good bit in multiple cities within reasonable driving distance. I have an appointment to go look at one in person this Friday, but I want to see a few so I can pick the best one.

What I'm looking for is a decent 2 horse bumper pull with a dressing room that's at least 7' tall. If you know someone selling one or have a website that really helped you, please send me a pm!

OnePerfectRide
Apr. 9, 2011, 02:33 AM
horsetrailerworld.com

I recently bought a trailer I found on there. Love it!

trina1
Apr. 9, 2011, 08:43 AM
Loved horsetrailerworld.com - sold and bought through it with good results. I liked the search option features. Spent many hours on that site. It took 3 months to sell my 2 horse trailer but I was not in a hurry.

Lady Counselor
Apr. 9, 2011, 08:13 PM
Horsetrailertrader.com

Bacchus
Apr. 12, 2011, 09:55 AM
Ditto horsetrailerworld.com. I'm using the forum to help install my own living quarters. Awesome site.

Also try equinenow.com. And, of course, eBay and craigslist:)

ClassynIvansMom
Apr. 12, 2011, 10:02 AM
Craigslist has been serving me well so far. I looked at one yesterday and have an appointment to look at another on Friday. I've started looking on Horsetrailerworld.com. I wish that there weren't so many scammer ads on EVERYWHERE except eBay. I even encountered one on Craigslist in my hometown area.

MeghanDACVA
Apr. 12, 2011, 06:53 PM
Hubby has very good luck with Ebay. He has bought all sorts of big ticket equipment and vehicles on it.
His advice, if you do this, is use PayPal so you have recourse. And to check out the seller's reviews.
PM me if you want more info on how he does it.

Diamondindykin
Apr. 12, 2011, 06:59 PM
horsetrailerworld.com

I recently bought a trailer I found on there. Love it!

I bought my trailer from an ad on there.........was a great experience :yes:

NJRider
Apr. 17, 2011, 08:18 AM
Tacktrader.com also is a good place. I also second horsetrailerworld.

ClassynIvansMom
Apr. 18, 2011, 09:37 AM
I found one I found one! I purchased a nice, used Adams trailer. Two horse bumper pull with a dressing room. Has an electric jack, new wiring, new flooring, everything works, no leaks, no major rust. It needs trailer mats, needs the locks on the tack doors and dressing room door because the key was lost, and I think I'm going to recaulk the roof, but it was fully serviced within the last 8 months and is in pristine condition :) I am quite pleased.

airtime
Jun. 7, 2011, 09:42 AM
What a coincidence. I'm looking at a used Adam today. What year is yours? Anything I should look out for?

ClassynIvansMom
Jun. 10, 2011, 08:46 AM
Mine is actually an 85. I hadn't originally planned to look for something quite as old as that, but it's in super great shape! Just keep an eye out for rust with any older models. Mine has tiny tiny amounts of surface rust that are easy to fix, just at the edges of stuff in the interior like where a horse might have scratched the paint by pawing at the wall. Make sure all your windows work and don't stick, and make sure you ask about axles, floor, ball bearings greased, wiring, etc. I'm very happy with mine, and Adams makes a good trailer!