PDA

View Full Version : BN roads and tracks

enjoytheride
Apr. 8, 2011, 10:28 PM
Hello all, it appears that this whole long format thing is catching on and my first event of the season (a local level, friendly, tie to your trailer one day place) has added roads and tracks to all their levels.

C1. Starter 8 Fences Height 18" no set speed 800 meters 600 m R&T

C2. Beginner Novice 10 Fences Height 2'3" 325 m/m 1,200 meters 900 m R&T

C3. Novice 12 Fences Height 2'11" 350 m/m 1,400 meters 1,000 m R&T

C4. Training 14 Fences Height 3'3" 400 m/m 1,600 meters 1.200 m R&T

Meredith Clark
Apr. 8, 2011, 10:39 PM
That's awesome! There's a farm that's having a 1/4 star near me this year. I think I might shell out the $300 some dollars to go

ltmac
Apr. 8, 2011, 11:42 PM
This is fantastic! Hope to see more and more of these. :)

Ibex
Apr. 9, 2011, 12:23 AM
Dang, why can't I be closer to this??? Sounds amazing!

Ajierene
Apr. 9, 2011, 11:34 AM
That's awesome! There's a farm that's having a 1/4 star near me this year. I think I might shell out the $300 some dollars to go

Who's having the 1/4 star? I will totally be your groom....even though I have no idea what I'm doing...

tres grey
Apr. 9, 2011, 12:01 PM
Sounds like so much fun! Take pictures & tell us all about it when you get back!

Meredith Clark
Apr. 9, 2011, 12:47 PM
Who's having the 1/4 star? I will totally be your groom....even though I have no idea what I'm doing...

Full Moon Farm. (http://www.fullmoonfarm.com/HorseTrials/2011qtrstar.html)

They actually offer all levels from Elem to Training in a classical 3 day format. I believe it's a 4 day clinic when dressage lessons and steeplechase lessons ending with a horse trial at the end of the week.

lcw579
Apr. 9, 2011, 01:18 PM
Meredith, that is so cool! Showed it to my DD and she's interested. Maybe we'll go if we can work out stabling and the rest of the logistics.

enjoytheride
Apr. 9, 2011, 02:34 PM
So what should I expect from the BN and Starter roads and tracks? speed? length? I want to make sure my horse is fit enough, she's kind of out of shape coming out of the winter.

Beam Me Up
Apr. 9, 2011, 03:59 PM
So what should I expect from the BN and Starter roads and tracks? speed? length? I want to make sure my horse is fit enough, she's kind of out of shape coming out of the winter.

I believe the length is in the specs in your first post? (600 for starter, 900 for BN).

Really there is no standard for a single R&T phase as part of a 1-day (not saying there is anything wrong with it, just that it wasn't done in the long format days either) so probably you'd just want to ask the organizer on speed/terrain. (speed is probably 160-240 though).

Offhand it looks like 3-5 minutes of trotting before your xc.
(Remember too, if it is a 1-day you will be doing your dressage/sj and warm-ups as well)

Ajierene
Apr. 9, 2011, 06:30 PM
Full Moon Farm. (http://www.fullmoonfarm.com/HorseTrials/2011qtrstar.html)

They actually offer all levels from Elem to Training in a classical 3 day format. I believe it's a 4 day clinic when dressage lessons and steeplechase lessons ending with a horse trial at the end of the week.

Duh! I remember looking at that a month or so ago.

Meredith Clark
Apr. 9, 2011, 07:52 PM
Meredith, that is so cool! Showed it to my DD and she's interested. Maybe we'll go if we can work out stabling and the rest of the logistics.

Yea that's my only concern too. I would not want to trailer back and forth every day so I'd have to ad the price of stabling and a hotel to the cost of the show... not cheap on a teacher's salary!

VCT
Apr. 9, 2011, 10:20 PM
That sounds wicked fun! :D

MeghanDACVA
Apr. 10, 2011, 09:06 AM
Funny thing...
My hubby and I talked to BNT/BNR about this several years ago when the T3D had finally caught on. Boy, did we get PooPooed!!
N and BN riders "have no business galloping fences", "they need to learn to jump correctly", "they can't get themselves or their horses fit enough", "no one will want to do it", etc.

He and I had actually come up with ideas for speeds and distances for the phases. And had even thought about having several timers on courses to notifiy riders if they were going too fast, or way too slow, so they could learn their pace. Unfortunately we dont' have the time to build enough fences, etc. Even though we do have enough land.

I am soooooo glad that others out there felt, and feel, the same way we do and have started these! I so want to do one.

MeghanDACVA
Apr. 10, 2011, 09:09 AM
Just looked at the website. Geeeze, wish I could justify driving from OK for it!!

Vic_007
Apr. 10, 2011, 09:33 AM
Seriously? Have the commities all finally admitted the the long format was better and safer?! I can't believe it, but I am very happy. Haven't evented for a couple years because I was busy making a family... however, I am happy to read this! I hope it becomes the way again!

LAZ
Apr. 10, 2011, 10:57 AM
600 M=just over 1/3 of a mile
900 M=about 1/2 mile
1000M=6/10's of a mile

Fun hack, no additional fitness should really be needed--that's about what the hack is from the stabling down to x/c warmup at the HHP.

enjoytheride
Apr. 10, 2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks LAZ! I have no distance calculation or direction pointing installed in me.

FenRidge
Apr. 10, 2011, 11:18 AM
I Love it! What a grea idea. I do not think I will have time to work this in to our Spring horse trial but I will plan on adding Roads and Tracks to our Fall one! I run a 1 day with Show jumping first. We can have the riders leave show jumping, go to Roads and tracks and end up at the start of XC. Have a 10min box then off they go!

LAZ
Apr. 10, 2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks LAZ! I have no distance calculation or direction pointing installed in me.

You're welcome. I, on the other hand, have a ridiculous penchant for measuring distances. I periodically count steps & figure out distance I walk going to & from my outdoor to various points in the main barn complex or turning horses in/out. :lol: