PDA

View Full Version : Kinmel Apollo

amberhill
Apr. 8, 2011, 04:05 PM
Was wondering if anyone can provide me with information and pics on this stallion? I own a pony he sired. Thank you in advance for your help!

quicksilverponies
Apr. 8, 2011, 09:48 PM
Elizabeth, do you have papers on this pony? Do you know the breed of this sire? It is not a Welsh name I recognize. Is it perhaps a British Riding Pony or other breed? Or is it possible that the spelling is different. There is a well known Welsh Cob stallion named Quillane Apollo. There is also a Welsh prefix of Kenfel, but don't know of one called Kinmel. Other Welsh breeders may know of it if it is indeed Welsh. Good luck in your information hunt.

Artie
Apr. 9, 2011, 01:16 AM
He is from the Chesapeake area, I don't have any pictures of him but am very familiar with your ponies dam and full brother A Dream Come True "Red". Apollo's babies seem to all have wonderful minds and be great kids ponies. We own a very hot mare who was bred to him several years before we got her and have heard that her baby is a very quiet mare too, despite her dam's attitude

amberhill
Apr. 9, 2011, 08:39 AM
He is a saint. Very good brain. I actually had offers to buy him and decided to keep him in house. He is on that you don't let go. I do have his papers and he is VPBA. Here is what I know thus far:

*Kinmel Apollo is/was an imported Section A Welsh (11.3), grey stallion foaled in 1986. In 2001, he was owned by Bill & Jane Sorensen of Chesapeak, VA, who registered several of his get with VPBA, the youngest being a foal of 2006.

*Kinmel Apollo is by Bengad Dyckia x Bengad Camelia by Treharne Simon. I don't know when or by whom he was imported.

Any additional info is greatly appreciated.