PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know any of these people? Probably a long-shot!

Crown Royal
Apr. 8, 2011, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone, I'm venturing over here from the hunter/jumper forum. I have an OTTB (although he's 14 now) named Set Dance. He raced as a 2, 3, and 4 year old before retiring. I looked up his race records and found the name of past owners, trainers, and jockeys, and was wondering if anyone knew any of them and could give me some contact information! Even a link to a Facebook page would be awesome!

My horse was born in 1997, bred by Jim Tim Stable in NJ, although I emailed a woman in NY and she said she had both his dam (Dundalk Lass) and his sire (Phantom Jet) during that timeframe.

First person is Michael Fennessy. He owned my horse in for at least a few months in 1999 when my horse did a few races in NJ. His trainer was McClelland and jockey was Rafael Mojica Jr.

Next owner is Timothy Ahern. He owned my horse for a few months in early 2000 when my horse did a few raced in NY. His trainer was Michael Daggett and the jockeys were Rafael Mojica Jr., Manuel Aguilar, and Michael Luzzi. He currently owns my horse's half brother "Phantastic Jet" who is by the same stallion. That horse currently races in FL, so Timothy Ahern lives in FL now as well. I think I found his Facebook, because it says he lived in NJ and now resides in FL.

Last owner is Richard Scott, who owned him alone in July 2000, but joint-owned him with Ronnie L. from August 2000 to when my horse stopped racing April 2001. The trainer was Bruce Kravets, and the jockeys were Justin Kravets, Ramon Peta, Emilio Flores, Jorge Tipa, Ricardo Martinez, Travis Dunkelberger, and Luis Belmonte. They raced him in WV and PA.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

sjdressage
Apr. 8, 2011, 04:00 PM
I know Paul McLelland. He trained at Delaware last year and is now at Philly Park. Not the most sunshiney guy but a real animal lover. His horses get a lot of care. He'll probably remember the horse. Sometimes you can get phone numbers from the racing office......

brightskyfarm
Apr. 8, 2011, 05:30 PM
Bruce Kravets is still training at Penn National. Justin is galloping there too. The jockeys, Emilo, Jorge and Luis are riding yet.

Im sure the front office can give you their contact numbers.

keepthelegend
Apr. 8, 2011, 07:17 PM
Travis Dunkelberger was on an MTV special about athletes who have weight restrictions,etc