PDA

View Full Version : Comfy paddock boots?

Big_Grey_hunter
Apr. 7, 2011, 10:21 PM
My less than a year old ariats are cracking and I need new boots :( I know there are hundreds of these threads, but I have a specific problem that I would like people's personal experiences. Most shoes/boots make my feet bruised and painful, so comfort is one of the biggest factors. Also, my foot is wide at the toes, so a normal width is fine, but no narrow boots. My budget is at MOST $200 and I'm not very good about caring for the boots.

What do you recommend?

citydog
Apr. 7, 2011, 10:33 PM
Blundstones.

billiebob
Apr. 7, 2011, 10:45 PM
Redbacks! I'm insanely hard on my shoes and it's taken me nearly a year to kill these. Considering my feet eat Ariats in 2-3 weeks, this is fantastic. The footbed is pretty wide and once the heel breaks in they're so comfortable. I wear them for 12+ hours 6 days a week.

KateKat
Apr. 7, 2011, 11:32 PM
I find my Mountain Horse ones very comfortable. My Ariats used to make my back hurt when I wore them for too long, don't have that issue with the MH. I find the footbed very roomy, sizes run a little large.

rustbreeches
Apr. 8, 2011, 12:03 AM
Love Blunnies and redbacks, but the best paddock boots I ever owned were Landi's. I have not had any luck finding a leftover pair in my size, but you should google them to see if anybody in the free world has some left in your size. From everything I can gather, Landi no longer makes paddock boots, but they were the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, and they held up very well

kelsey97
Apr. 8, 2011, 02:41 PM
Grand Prix Aquasport!

STA
Apr. 8, 2011, 03:11 PM
Try a consignment shop in your area - boots already broken in and a reduced price.

pm59
Apr. 8, 2011, 03:26 PM
Purchased a Pair of Mountain Horse paddock boots two winters ago in a size to large to accommodate my very warm and comfy wool winter socks. I LOVE them, I wear them all winter long, in the mud and the muck in the spring and they are the ONLY thing about winter that I hate to pack away! My back never hurts ( I broke my back and pelvis years ago and trust me MOST shoes hurt) and they have worn like IRON!!! I never clean or polish them, just spray with the hose and put them in the back of the closet in the spring until it gets cold again, I wear them 7 days a week for about 8 hours a day. BEST money I ever spent!

citydog
Apr. 8, 2011, 03:41 PM
Love Blunnies and redbacks,

Redbacks are super comfy, but I've never seen a model with a stirrup-safe sole.

but the best paddock boots I ever owned were Landi's

OMG. I tried on a couple of pairs when they first turned up and *loved* them. It's one of my personal shopping regrets that I didn't buy a pair then even though I didn't need a pair. Gorgeous and comfy.

Give and Take
Apr. 8, 2011, 10:20 PM
Mountain Horse protective jod looks like Blundestone but with a steel toe. Super comfy footbed and last several seasons.

they come in a med brown but it darkens quickly as you break them in.

rustbreeches
Apr. 8, 2011, 10:32 PM
Redbacks are super comfy, but I've never seen a model with a stirrup-safe sole.

OMG. I tried on a couple of pairs when they first turned up and *loved* them. It's one of my personal shopping regrets that I didn't buy a pair then even though I didn't need a pair. Gorgeous and comfy.

Do you know ANYWHERE that still has Landi boots?

Pixie0304
Apr. 9, 2011, 10:16 AM
Blundstones no hesitation ! :D

smileyrileyxoxo
Apr. 9, 2011, 10:02 PM
I LOVE the ariat cobalt quantums. I don't know how durable they are compared to other brands because the only brand of boots I've ever had were ariats, but I absolutely adore them. And I believe they are just under $200.

jn4jenny
Apr. 9, 2011, 10:42 PM
Another vote for Blundstones.

Across Sicily
Apr. 10, 2011, 12:08 AM
Blundstones again.

I love mine. Wish I'd discovered them years ago. I'm a member of the fairly-wide-toe/foot club and my Blunnies let my toes feel freeee!

Pixie0304
Apr. 10, 2011, 02:43 PM
Blundstones again.

I love mine. Wish I'd discovered them years ago. I'm a member of the fairly-wide-toe/foot club and my Blunnies let my toes feel freeee!

:yes: me too, i wish i had found them earlier

babyeventer23
Apr. 11, 2011, 11:11 AM
I second the Ariat Cobalts. They are the most comfortable paddock boot I have ever had. I got them in the waterproofed leather, and they have held up really well since I bought them last summer. (And I beat the snot out of my boots!)

horsepoor
Apr. 11, 2011, 12:45 PM
I'm shopping for paddock boots myself and have been watching this thread. I have and love my Blunnies, but those don't work for the muddy times (which seem to be longer every year around here). Not waterproof. I have a pair of ancient Ariat Terrain zip boots that were waterproof until they got a hole just recently, and those aren't made anymore in the zip version. So, any suggestions? I really hate to go laced, but might order the Telluride H2O that I saw on Tack of the Day today.