PDA

View Full Version : AP Saddle and/or VSD

mer_horses@Hotmail.com
Apr. 7, 2011, 08:41 PM
Hi Everyone:

I have read through many of the posts already posted on here and they have been very helpful, but wanted a little more information in general and if anyone else has idea or places to purchase saddles.

I currently own a Wintec A/P, great saddle, looking for something better and also a dressage like saddle. I am unsure if I should just keep my A/P and buy a dressage saddle or go for the VSD or a deeper seat A/P. I am starting low level XC.

My horse is a Black Bay and looks not so good in brown, which is where I tend to run into trouble, most saddles I find are brown... not fun My budget at MOST is $1200. I have my wedding in Nov and need to stay on track with that!

I truly feel that a better A/P or a VSD is the way I want to go, just having trouble getting there. I am not rushing, I need to try saddles and get a better idea of what best fits for my guy. I have had a Prestige 33cm/17" on him and that fit well.

Thanks everyone!

PROTACKGUY
Apr. 8, 2011, 10:01 AM
If you like the fit of the Prestige saddle and are looking for a synthetic saddle you may look at the Tekna saddles as the tree and fit are similiar.

mer_horses@Hotmail.com
Apr. 8, 2011, 11:25 PM
A friend suggested but I would love to get leather.

mojo7777
Apr. 8, 2011, 11:37 PM
I love the fit of the Collegiate Senior Event for both my horse and me. I also have a black/bay horse and was very happy when the saddle oiled up to a lovely, very dark havana, almost black.