PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Deo Volente...

All About Me
Apr. 6, 2011, 06:21 PM
Hello COTH'ers!! First time poster long time lurker...I didn't want to post this in the missing horse area because she isn't technically missing. We sold her about 5 years ago and I have been looking for her since.

Here’s what I know -
Her registered name with BWP is Deo Volente, barn name Daisy, born 6/21/03 in Middleburg, Florida.
Sold to Jean Dunford, or one of her students, in early 2006.
My mother went to Jean’s farm in Keswick the fall of 2006 and had a visit with her.
I have looked her up on USEF and it shows I am still the owner.
I have googled, youtubed, facebooked until my fingers hurt.
I have read forums, magazines and other outlets until my eyes crossed.

I am just looking to see how she turned out, what she is doing and if she happens to be nearby in my travels…which happens frequently with work, I’d love to kiss her nose.

hundredacres
Apr. 6, 2011, 06:35 PM
I read the title and though you meant an AGED horse...which is why I stopped (I have a mystery 31 year old here and am always hoping someone knows her). Maybe you could put your "old" horses name in the title? Good luck!

CBoylen
Apr. 6, 2011, 07:57 PM
Have you called Jean or Jean Marie?

skallywag
Apr. 6, 2011, 08:07 PM
I had tremendous success in locating people through Craigs list. If you know the general area (town or county) go to Craigs list and post an ad in the Farm and Garden section. State what you have said here, and I bet you will get hits on where the person is whom you sold the horse to. Someone will know her.. I had tremendous success when I was trying to locate the person who first owned my horse.. I posted everything I knew about her and that I was looking for her so she could know the horse she once owned is doing well and is very much loved... A friend who works with her contacted me with in 10 minutes of my post with the connact information I needed to get in touch with her.. It was a GREAT way to locate someone and should work in locating your former horse.

Let us know how it goes!! And Best of Luck!!

All About Me
Apr. 6, 2011, 08:12 PM
I am not sure how to edit the title but will try!

I left a couple of messages for Jean Marie over the years but never heard back so I gave up. Just from the google searches I am sure she is super busy so I wasn't upset with the lack of response. I was just hopeful someone here may know her, the horse.

Honestly, it isn't like I am looking for her every day it is just something I have done every few months and thought I'd give this a try.

All About Me
Apr. 6, 2011, 08:14 PM
I never thought of leveraging CL to try and find her. Thanks for the tip!

hundredacres
Apr. 7, 2011, 06:07 AM
Click on edit in your post, then on advanced, and there will be an option to change the title if you want. Don't forget to Save Changes. :)

All About Me
Apr. 7, 2011, 09:07 AM
Perfect! I was able to find it and make the change.

Winsock
Apr. 7, 2011, 11:32 AM
We own Daisy! She had a foal last year by Disconto for Jean Dunford. She is approved Westfalen. We now own her and she is in foal to Super Star (due in May). We are so thrilled to have her. She is beautiful and a real sweetheart. I would be glad to send pictures of her and also her 2010 colt! If you are in the Orange, VA area, please stop by to give her a hug.

~Sarah~

Napoles
Apr. 7, 2011, 11:37 AM
We own Daisy! She had a foal last year by Disconto for Jean Dunford. She is approved Westfalen. We now own her and she is in foal to Super Star (due in May). We are so thrilled to have her. She is beautiful and a real sweetheart. I would be glad to send pictures of her and also her 2010 colt! If you are in the Orange, VA area, please stop by to give her a hug.

~Sarah~

Aw wow!! That just gave me a lump in my throat! :) What a success for the OP.

Skeezix
Apr. 7, 2011, 12:20 PM
This is a good example of why I love COTH :)

skallywag
Apr. 7, 2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah!! This is great news when a past owner finds a horse they are searching for and find the horse is well loved and in great care..

This great!!

Winsock
Apr. 7, 2011, 12:27 PM
I know, I am so excited for the OP! Our broodmares are very special to us and Daisy is no exception. I look forward to getting in touch with "All About Me" and giving her lots of pictures~!

All About Me
Apr. 7, 2011, 07:02 PM
YAAAAY~!!!! OMG I got side tracked today and was about to shut down and start dinner and thought...oh let me check to see if anything new has popped up. I would LOVE to see pictures of her! OMG I am so excited...I can't believe how easy this was, I should have done this a long time ago. I can't wait!!!! I will PM you.

CBoylen
Apr. 7, 2011, 07:15 PM
Oh, good! She couldn't be with better people than Tommy and Sarah, you should be very pleased for her!

kelsey97
Apr. 7, 2011, 09:04 PM
Awwwwww, (wiping a tear) So happy for OP!!!

Winsock
Apr. 7, 2011, 11:13 PM
Just letting everyone know we have made contact. I am going to take some new pics of Daisy tomorrow for the OP aka Nicole to see. Its too bad we live so far away! But, Nicole is going to come up and see Daisy and her foal this summer. What a wonderful ending! I am so glad I looked at the H/J Forums, because I usually don't stray far from the Sport Horse Breeding or the Dressage forums

Winsock
Apr. 13, 2011, 11:18 AM
Wanted to let the followers of this thread know that Deovolente is now on our website with a picture!

http://www.willowhillequestrian.com/mares.php

All About Me
Apr. 13, 2011, 09:41 PM
I LOVE her...still! :)