PDA

View Full Version : Full course photos up ahead of the event - Auchinleck in Scotland

kerilli
Apr. 6, 2011, 05:00 PM
I haven't itched to be out eventing again this much for a long time. Just been checking out http://www.auchinleckhorsetrials.org.uk/courses.htm

They have full course pics of every single fence. I've just been looking at the Adv fences and drooling. Some of them look rather scary though, 1 in particular!

I hope one day all events will do this sort of thing ahead of time, no more possible nasty surprises on the day at the level of difficulty. I know it's not the same as walking it BUT you can get a very good idea of the courses imho.

Thoughts? Would you like to see this sort of thing become de rigeur for all events?
Does this sort of thing make you want to go there? It does me!

kookicat
Apr. 6, 2011, 05:24 PM
I love the idea and wish more places did it.

Aelfleah Farm
Apr. 6, 2011, 07:22 PM
We're goign to Greenwood Farm next month - they have had their courses online for years!

This is our Novice course:

http://www.greenwoodfarmonline.com/horseTrials/courseWalks/novice/noviceCourseWalk.html

ltmac
Apr. 6, 2011, 08:15 PM
I love the idea and wish more places did it.

Me too!!

Napoles
Apr. 7, 2011, 05:38 AM
I love the idea too. I'm trying to pick and choose nice EI Novice courses at the moment for a horse that's not yet established at that level. My potential next day out has every fence pictured on its facebook page which is so handy as I haven't been there for a few years.

Napoles
Apr. 7, 2011, 05:43 AM
Just looked through the Novice course at Auchinleck! Ooh, it looks LOVELY!! They like their roll tops though don't they!? :lol:

ETA: Just looked at the Advanced course... a BOUNCE of birched fences with ditches in front! Ugh!

Bobthehorse
Apr. 7, 2011, 10:13 AM
I also wish more places did this, its useful and fun!

kerilli
Apr. 7, 2011, 10:22 AM
Just looked through the Novice course at Auchinleck! Ooh, it looks LOVELY!! They like their roll tops though don't they!? :lol:

ETA: Just looked at the Advanced course... a BOUNCE of birched fences with ditches in front! Ugh!

Ha, yes, they've gone a bit 'roll top crazy' over this side of the pond! Attempts are being made to redress the balance, apparently. A few too many brush tops at a lot of courses too, I think.
Yes, didn't love that A fence, must admit, I'd definitely aim to be taking it on the right to put a stride in, I think!

Napoles
Apr. 7, 2011, 11:33 AM
Ha, yes, they've gone a bit 'roll top crazy' over this side of the pond!

Lol! I'm on the same side of the big pond as you - albeit a short ferry ride away! :D

Jealoushe
Apr. 7, 2011, 01:31 PM
I do this when I am riding an event, and try and put the course on my blog. Its a great idea!