View Full Version : USEF horse numbers to compete in USEA Horse Trials??

Apr. 6, 2011, 01:31 PM
Do I need an active one year or lifetime number or just a horse ID?

Sorry, it's the first time I've had a horse run a recognized HT and my riders other horses were always lifetime registered...

Apr. 6, 2011, 01:44 PM
You only need a USEF number if you're competing in a USEF division (Prelim and up).

You need a USEA membership to compete in any division Novice or higher.

Apr. 6, 2011, 01:58 PM
For eventing Novice - Training, you need USEA limited. When you move to prelim and above, you need upgrade of USEA to full. Helpful document here: http://useventing.com/resources/files/docs/2010_MEMBERSHIP_HORSE_REGISTRATION_REQUIREMENTS_1. pdf

According to this, horse does not need USEF membership at any national horse trials level, but owner and rider must have USEF membership at Preliminary and above

Apr. 6, 2011, 03:12 PM
What Scubed said is my understanding as well - Prelim is OK as long as it's plain old Prelim and not an international version (those divisions with the capital Cs and the *s).

They accept your horse's USEA number as the USEF#.

Apr. 6, 2011, 08:57 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!!

That PDF is super helpful too, I wish I had found it! I thought I had looked everywhere :-)