PDA

View Full Version : Pony Jumper Facilities - East Coast

ncsuequine
Apr. 6, 2011, 01:00 PM
I have a 14h Welsh/TB mare that I am trying to find a home with a trainer that specializes in Pony Jumpers. I would prefer that this pony stays somewhere in NC, VA, SC, MD or PA. I would consider other states, if the situation was just right.

Would love it if I could have some feedback or suggestions on trainers/barns that i could contact.

Thanks!

BAC
Apr. 6, 2011, 01:09 PM
I don't think there are trainers who specialize in pony jumpers, they are just not that popular. Brianne Link, who rides with Jim Toon at JT Farms in Westchester County, NY, had a lot of success in pony jumpers though, so maybe that is one option. And Robin Greenwood at Grand Central in NY trains a lot of ponies, although mostly for the hunter divisions.

ncsuequine
Apr. 6, 2011, 03:30 PM
Are they more popular in Florida? I am an eventer, so I just don't know the H/J world.
Thanks!

BAC
Apr. 6, 2011, 03:49 PM
I don't spend much time at horse shows any more, so I can't say for sure, but I just keep hearing that the pony jumpers are not especially popular. It seems to be a division for ponies that are not fancy enough to do the hunters from what I have heard. I think if you contacted any good trainer that specializes in juniors you should be able to find someone that could help you.

STA
Apr. 6, 2011, 05:22 PM
Jennifer Berol Bliss, also in Westchester County, NY has a successful pony jumper customer.

alittlegray
Apr. 6, 2011, 11:34 PM
www.hvfinternational.com - teddi ismond.

Her barn is right on the back of hits culpeper, and she does mostly jumpers and equitation with a side of hunters. :)

The nice thing about her barn is that it literally backs right up to the show grounds, so there are no stall fees for the shows. I think she has a few juniors that could do pony jumpers. She also goes to a lot of A's in this region, as well as Devon/WIHS/Harrisburg.

findeight
Apr. 7, 2011, 09:23 AM
Nationwide PJ is a very small division and the kids train with regular H/J trainers. Most of them get their mileage in the regular Ch/Ad Jumpers instead of relying on the sparse and rarely offered PJ division.

The Pony Hunter is a huge group but they also train with regular H/J trainers that also do Ponies. Some more then others but I doubt there are any trainers that only do Ponies if for no other reason then their clients would all age out and have to go to another trainer instead of remain as adult clients.

wildhorse188
Apr. 11, 2011, 12:06 AM
Jennifer Berol Bliss, also in Westchester County, NY has a successful pony jumper customer.

I don't know anything about her personally, but from her article about Pony Finals (from 2007 in the Chronicle, I believe) she seems like a very down to earth, genuine person.

Again, no personal experience, but she made a very positive and inspiring impression on me with that article.

apachepony
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:33 AM
Lesley Jenks at Finally Farm is right down the road from you, and does good work with pony jumpers.

shoponee70
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:04 AM
You could try windbrook farm - just over the nc line in SC in the Landrum area.
Lee cone - does not specialize in jumpers per se, but has lots of kids and several ride the pony jumpers. Also, his girls before they aged out did the pony jumpers all the way to pony finals. it would be worth a call - they are super nice people. Finally Farm also has a great reputation.
Lee Cone Windbrook Farm. (864) 468-4936. 216 Pleasant Hill Rd, Landrum, SC 29356 pm me if you would like an email address.

HunterRider992
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:25 AM
I would not recommend Teddi. She has a history.