PDA

View Full Version : Hunter/Jumper Barns in the El Paso, TX Area

plain bay
Apr. 6, 2011, 01:24 PM
I will more than likely be moving to El Paso in September/October and would like to find a barn and trainer. I'd like to be no more than a 1/2 hour outside of El Paso if that's possible?

I'd like a show type barn w/ a quality trainer. I'd prefer rated shows (right now I do mostly B's, but would like to start doing A's which I know will be a hike in El Paso...).

If I can't find something in El Paso to my standards, I will be keeping the horse w/ the current trainer on training board, but I'm really hoping to find something!

My internet search didn't turn up much and I searched here on COTH, but nothing came up...

Please help!! :)

plain bay
Apr. 6, 2011, 04:17 PM
Bump. Anybody? Pretty please...?

I seem to remember someone here being from El Paso, but of course I can't remember who it was now...

plain bay
Apr. 7, 2011, 01:32 PM
bumping again in hopes someone from around the El Paso area of TX sees this...

Rio Blanco
Apr. 7, 2011, 02:54 PM
There's not a whole lot in El Paso. Hate to say it, but you might have a hard time finding a barn there that's local show quality, let alone A circuit....

jetsmom
Apr. 7, 2011, 03:23 PM
Our barn does rated shows, usually HITs AZ, Colorado, and Albuquerque. The barn is nice, with a large jumping arena, a med size shaded oval arena, and a dressage arena. Wash stalls, 14x14 stalls, access to trails, auto waterers, fly misting system and regular turnout.

Our trainer is really good. BO is very nice. No drama at the barn. The barn help is fantastic and has been where I have Jet for 8 yrs. He is great with the horses, notices if they are acting strange, and even comes back out to the barn to pick out stalls again around 7 pm, so they aren't too dirty in the am.

Barn is in the Upper Valley.

If you want to pm me, I'll give you my ph # and you can call me.