PDA

View Full Version : H/J Barns in North Carolina?

NCE
Apr. 6, 2011, 11:06 AM
Hi there

One of my favorite clients may be moving to North Carolina. I will be incredibly sad to see them go, if indeed they do go, but I did promise to help them "vet" any potential facilities. They have an 8 year old daughter who is an amazing little rider, and they want to show. They have a horse in training with me that is a sale project and will likely stay here; they will need either a lease or purchase for the kid.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

mroades
Apr. 6, 2011, 11:08 AM
Need to know which part of NC

shawneeAcres
Apr. 6, 2011, 11:12 AM
We are in eastern NC, 45 minutes east of Raleigh, we have a nice show team of children from ages 7 to 16 and show at bigger local circuits (EHA etc) and NCHJA "C" Rated shows, as well as the 4-H district and state shows. We offer leases and can assist with finding the perfect childs horse/pony to purchase. All of our lessons are pricate, and designed for each child www.shawneeacres.net

ponymom64
Apr. 6, 2011, 02:33 PM
It would be nice to know what part of NC. My daughter's trainer will be moving to Southern Pines at the end of the summer and will be relocating her business to her farm there. She has been in the business for 30 years and has bred and trained ponies and horses to multiple championships at all the big shows as well as several HOTY.

She can also definitely help find a purchase or lease for the child.

PM me if you'd like more info.

NCE
Apr. 6, 2011, 10:09 PM
I'm not quite sure what part. They did tell me that they are looking at a place called Quail Roost, which my computer says is in North Durham county....does that help?

mroades
Apr. 6, 2011, 10:21 PM
thats the raleigh area, that helps a lot!

shawneeAcres
Apr. 7, 2011, 08:44 AM
Actually North Durham is a bit of a hike from Raleigh, I used to live in Bahama which is right around the corner from Quail Roost. Not sure how much showing the school barn at QUail Roost does now. But it is a nice place that has been there FOREVER! They usually have one "C" rated show there a year (NCHJA rated that is). I haven't shown there in years, but used to know Irmgard Hill (the owner) quite well. I think here daughter Carol has taken over management of the facility, but not 100% sure about that now.

ponysize
Apr. 7, 2011, 09:51 AM
Yes Carol still runs the facility and there are 3 different business that operate out of there if I'm not mistaken. There is the lesson barn Quail Roost, then the show barn Equiventure, and there is an eventer I do believe based out of there too. It has also been many years since I've been there, but I know some folks that frequent there and it is a bit of hike from Raleigh. I don't know who any of the trainers are there right now though.

whbar158
Apr. 7, 2011, 11:55 AM
Also what level of showing? That area has a pretty wide range of shows (and plenty for every level). If you are talking about A shows then the Durham area is lacking more in that type of barn. Although there is Fox View Farm right next to Quail Roost has Beverly Burnett come and teach out of there and they go to the bigger shows. You will find many more A show barns in the Raleigh area and then some in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area. Good luck! I moved away from the area (but still keep in touch with many people) and I miss it a lot!

mustangsal85
Apr. 7, 2011, 01:57 PM
Yes Carol still runs the facility and there are 3 different business that operate out of there if I'm not mistaken. There is the lesson barn Quail Roost, then the show barn Equiventure, and there is an eventer I do believe based out of there too. It has also been many years since I've been there, but I know some folks that frequent there and it is a bit of hike from Raleigh. I don't know who any of the trainers are there right now though.

Holly Hudspeth is the 4* event rider at Equiventure but I think she's pregnant right now so not sure how much training she is doing.