PDA

View Full Version : We have dressage!!!

TheBrightSide06
Apr. 5, 2011, 11:04 PM
I'd just like to share a little video from my ride today!

My EQ is AWFUL, but it has been 5 months since I've even thought about riding in a dressage saddle, and this one is freakin slick, as it's brand new.

This is my boy, Koda! I've had him since December, but haven't ridden him consistently (more than once a week) until the middle of March.

We've been working on walk trot CANTER, not walk, trot leave-at-a-GALLOP for the past week. I'm pretty happy with him! Aiming for his first BN at the next show!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF1x8olt1Pg

Sorry for the small brag, just thought I'd like to tell someone other than my mom, who filmed :)

scubed
Apr. 6, 2011, 07:02 AM
You guys look great. Have fun at his first BN!

Cruiser12
Apr. 6, 2011, 01:24 PM
YEAH! Just think how much easier it will be in good footing! My ring is in the grass too and not quite level and it's always better when I trailer over to school at a "real" facility or go for my lesson.
If you can get it reasonably well in poor footing, it will be magnificent in a sand ring!!
Good job!

*Trinity*
Apr. 6, 2011, 02:25 PM
Great start, he's very cute! Your eq. doesn't look awful (I am jealous of your beautiful slim legs!), but I would not be sitting on a horse that tense in the trot. He starts to move better when you're rising. I know you didn't ask for a critique, but this jumped out at me and he looks like he could be a nice mover when he starts to use himself and go forward.