PDA

View Full Version : Point 2 vs. Hit Air Vests?

teamwallace
Apr. 5, 2011, 02:46 PM
Just wondering besides the price(Hit Air is 1/2 the price)but seems to cover less. Thoughts?

Zoomd
Apr. 5, 2011, 04:11 PM
Tried them both, deflated then inflated, and chose the Hit Air. The point two has to be worn a bit looser, since it inflates from the inside and I didn't like the extra flopping it might make, and once inflated, I felt that the neck support in the Hit Air was much better. I haven't fallen off in it yet, but I did accidentally dismount and forgot to detach and it inflated and it was pretty easy to deflate and get the new cartridge in for my next ride that day.

TXnGA
Apr. 5, 2011, 05:05 PM
Besides the price point, I also went with the hit air because of the way it fit vs the Point 2. The point 2 is baggier and I would feel makes it easier to catch things on it (the whip, the back of the saddle) it is baggier because it inflates inward.

Whereas the hit air is more fitted and inflates outward with more neck protection as the above poster mentioned. I haven't had it go off yet so have no opinion on that aspect. Both my mom and I got a hit air. The cartridges are easy to put in but again haven't had to replace a canister yet nor have I had to try to deflate the vest yet either.

they were at poplar a few weeks ago giving free test rides with the hit air for your xc go. I think i heard kim severson tried one and liked it better than the point 2....

JER
Apr. 5, 2011, 05:20 PM
Neither garment can offer any real neck protection. In order to protect the neck, a rigid device -- like the HANS in motor sport -- is necessary.

Also, what are we talking about when we talk about the differences in 'fit' and 'liking' one better than the other?

What does it mean in terms of the safety and protection provided by each brand?

eventrider
Apr. 5, 2011, 05:54 PM
This was discussed in length here last year...I bet a search will pull up the thread. From what I understand, the Point-Two's inflate fully faster and that is very important in the airvest (dont kill me if I am wrong about that). I have tried both, and went with the Point-Two. I am 5'2 and 100lbs and wear a size small adult. I have no issues with it being in the way due to being baggy, or getting anything caught in it, etc. I think those are just speculations, but if you wear one, it isnt an issue.