View Full Version : Quick question about vests

Apr. 5, 2011, 12:11 PM
So, is it ok to buy a tipperary or do we think the rules will change and they won't be "legal". I just really love the fit of them.

Any ideas?

Apr. 5, 2011, 02:09 PM
Anyone care to hazard a guess?

Apr. 6, 2011, 01:12 AM
Recently I bought my first vest, a Tipperary, from Dover in DE. Then I returned it because I read great things about the Airowear Outlyne, and spent another $60 bucks on the Outlyne. I was afraid of the same thing - what if I spent all the $$ on a vest that shortly became unapproved in eventing?

So - sorry - no answer, I'm afraid! But we can't be the only ones wondering about this. And the vest I bought is very, very comfy - I wore it for the first and second times (never wore one - new at eventing) Saturday and Sunday. Also, I have a short, roundish body and the Outlyne was shorter in back than the Tipp - so it didn't interfere with the saddle. The Tipp was too long for me.

Good Luck!

Apr. 6, 2011, 02:38 AM
Given that air vests are not approved and will never be approved unless ASTM and the EU change the standards, I doubt the USEF will ever require an "approved" vest. At this point in time, the Tipperary vests may be considered "standard" vests due to the age of the design.