PDA

View Full Version : Canter cutie--cross post

vineyridge
Apr. 4, 2011, 03:39 PM
There's a CANTER mare named Pleasant Dreamer with an absolutely droolworthy pedigree for eventing or event breeding.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/pleasant+dreamer2 From the Rough Shod female family. She traces back to Zonah, who was the dam of Drumtop, the dam of the very good NZ stallion for eventing, Drums of Time.

She's at Charlestown. Really cheap.
http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3730:lovely-big-bodied-6-yo-mare&catid=49:charlestown-trainer-listings

There's not a line in her pedigree that isn't proved in sport horses.

piccolittle
Apr. 4, 2011, 03:59 PM
Love me some Pleasant Tap! Good find, viney!!

Somebody take this lovely girl and make the superstars of the future. I promise I'll buy one in about 5 years... ;)

CatchMeIfUCan
Apr. 4, 2011, 05:29 PM
If I wasn't a starving college student, I would have already called a shipper! Damn!

purplnurpl
Apr. 4, 2011, 06:39 PM
someone go get that mare!!

the group of horses that I talk about were Pleasant Colony.
They all jumped like Boomer.

Great eventers but can also pull the money in the hunter ring.
untapped talent in those horses. I never even made Boomer grunt to get over a big fence...even when he would over jump stuff by *feet* he would do it for fun with a shit eatin grin on his face just to throw me about a bit in the tack.

EquineRacers
Apr. 4, 2011, 07:05 PM
I loved this comment by the poster on her ad: "That said she behaved beautifully for our visit, standing quietly for her photos even when a loose horse galloped by."

LOL With a lip chain, I'd sure hope she'd be quiet! :lol:

CarCat
Apr. 4, 2011, 09:03 PM
I loved this comment by the poster on her ad: "That said she behaved beautifully for our visit, standing quietly for her photos even when a loose horse galloped by."

LOL With a lip chain, I'd sure hope she'd be quiet! :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking!

skip916
Apr. 4, 2011, 10:17 PM
i have seen a horse do a myriad of things with a lip-chain! you might be surprised!

caffeinated
Apr. 5, 2011, 09:51 AM
Hey now, she barely even turned an ear, and with a loose panicked horse and all the attending chaos (people running, pony horses running, yelling), I was impressed, lip chain or no! hehe :)

netg
Apr. 5, 2011, 10:16 AM
someone go get that mare!!

the group of horses that I talk about were Pleasant Colony.
They all jumped like Boomer.

Great eventers but can also pull the money in the hunter ring.
untapped talent in those horses. I never even made Boomer grunt to get over a big fence...even when he would over jump stuff by *feet* he would do it for fun with a shit eatin grin on his face just to throw me about a bit in the tack.

My guy's a Pleasant Colony grandbaby. Definitely a line I look for in a future horse, too. Not required, obviously, but it raises good flags to me based on what I've learned about others. (Though he's definitely NOT a hunter - I think he got his knee action from his dam, but he's just a better dressage horse for it.)

vineyridge
Apr. 5, 2011, 10:21 AM
Some one on the Breeder Forum called about her, and her person said she was "gone". I hope that means "gone" to a good new home! "Gone" can mean so many different things, and not all of them are warm and fuzzy.