PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Horse Celine???

Trixie
Apr. 4, 2011, 12:26 PM
Buying new paddock boots makes me want to cry. I think my beautiful fancy expensive Grand Prix boots are finally starting to bite it, I noticed yesterday that the leather is just plain starting to go. Which means I need to buy new ones. And I don't want to buy new ones, because those are so lovely. And I also don't want to spend $200 on their replacement. But I'm not going to walk around with wet feet.

Has anyone tried the Mountain Horse Celine boots? They look pretty on the internets, but that doesn't tell me much about comfort or longevity.

accidental cowgirl
Apr. 4, 2011, 04:29 PM
I had a very disappointing experience with Mt Horse Celine's. I bought a pair last June, and by September (with normal usage) the soles were peeling loose. Luckily I was able to return them for a full refund. It's possible mine were just a "lemon" but I wouldn't recommend them. The leather is also very soft and fairly thin, so they break in very easily but I wondered how well the leather would hold up (but didn't get to find out). I ended up getting the Ariat Quantum's after that and am hoping for a good lifespan--the ariat cobalt's I had before lasted well over 2 years of hard use. So far, so good on the Quantums.