PDA

View Full Version : cross post re dressage saddle

pheasantknoll
Apr. 3, 2011, 10:20 PM
Hi:

I posted in the dressage forum. I am helping a friend look for a new dressage saddle. We don't have a lot of fitters or tack shops here ( I know about Trumbull Mtn.)

wants:. a shallow seat
a wide flap
not a lot of thigh block
She has tried
Wintec Isabel (doesn't fit her)
some Schlesse (not sure which models)
County Warmblood
Looking at :
M. Toulouse

Her horse is a 16.2 TB, runs about MW (he has some shoulder)

A Prestige was suggested? What do you think of this suggestion?

I will take pictures and tracings later this week.
Can you please make some suggestions?

Thanks,
PKN

TheBrightSide06
Apr. 3, 2011, 10:48 PM
I love my Prestige, but it's not for everyone.
I did not like the Toulouse's I tried. It sucked me to the very back of the saddle. No bueno.

Perhaps try a Niedersuss??

I don't know.
I'm not a professional.
Just my two-cents worth.
Good luck! :)

scubed
Apr. 4, 2011, 07:22 AM
She might like Kieffer. I found my laser cm ultimate was great on my big shouldered tb

pheasantknoll
Apr. 4, 2011, 01:20 PM
Okay, so we will try the

Prestige
Toulouse
Neidersuss
Kieffer

and then we will get back to you! Thanks so much for the suggestions. I know you all know the frustrations of saddle fitting. I think it's worse than horse shopping.

PKN

purplnurpl
Apr. 4, 2011, 06:41 PM
I ride in a vega double flap. It comes in a monoflap too.
It's the only saddle that I found that puts me in the front.

Fancy That
Apr. 5, 2011, 01:28 PM
It's a very high-quality, English-made saddle ...just not as "popular" here I guess.

They make saddles with lots of freedom for the shoulder, and have saddles that fit very wide-backed horses too.

But you could possibly try a Lovatt & Ricketts in a Standard/Medium size (versus the really wide ones they have w/ the hoop trees for the cob-type backs)

Just another suggestion :)

I actually just bought an older one and it's too narrow for my propane-tank-of-a-mare.....will sell it if my sister doesn't want it.

pheasantknoll
Apr. 5, 2011, 11:18 PM
Fancy:

I have an L&R and I love it . . . .I think it's a great recommendation, but the seats are kind of deep for my friend. Plus they are hard to find used. She is not looking to spend a whole lot of money ( I got a great deal on mine, so I got lucky).

Keep up the great suggestions.
Thanks,
PKN