PDA

View Full Version : chestnut Crosby

teal tea
Apr. 3, 2011, 08:09 PM
I own a Crosby Excel that I bought 14 or so years ago. W/ time, it's showing a bit of wear. I love my saddle b/c it's fit every horse I've ever ridden. I was looking at the older Crosbys for sale on ebay. There is one I like, it's supposed to be new, never used. But it's chestnut or described as a rich peanut butter color. My saddle is a havana colored. I think I chose that color b/c as I remember, and this is my question, wasn't chestnut a color that was frowned upon in the show ring? Considering that this saddles are no longer being made, should I just settle for this color and get the saddle b/c it's "new"?

Thanks for any input.:)

ifiwereyou
Apr. 4, 2011, 01:30 PM
When you use, clean and oil your new "chestnut" saddle it will gradually darken into a nice brown saddle :)

geldingsRgreat
Apr. 4, 2011, 02:44 PM
"I love my saddle b/c it's fit every horse I've ever ridden."

You must ride very similar type horses. When people say this, that's like saying a size 8 shoe fits everyone. Can you pad a size 8 shoe to fit a person with a size 5? I guess so. Can you squeeze a size 10 foot into a size 8 shoe? I guess so....
Would the size 5 and size 10 foot be comfortable in the 8? probably not.

Rel6
Apr. 4, 2011, 07:26 PM
"I love my saddle b/c it's fit every horse I've ever ridden."

You must ride very similar type horses. When people say this, that's like saying a size 8 shoe fits everyone. Can you pad a size 8 shoe to fit a person with a size 5? I guess so. Can you squeeze a size 10 foot into a size 8 shoe? I guess so....
Would the size 5 and size 10 foot be comfortable in the 8? probably not.

My saddle has never not fit a horse. What do I mean by that? I mean with careful utilization of pads I have ridden in my saddle on a lot of DIFFERENT types of horses, with comfort had by all :)

(I'm going to assume, OP, that you might mean something similar?)

PROTACKGUY
Apr. 8, 2011, 09:18 AM
Chestnut should oil up plenty dark.
The color that is really light in a Crosby would have been the London color.