PDA

View Full Version : Hunt coat fitting

kahhull
Apr. 3, 2011, 01:21 PM
Another show clothes question - I will have lots of these :)
I'm trying to find a new hunt coat and have always had a problem finding one that fits me well. I have a 28" waist but then am a little, uh, "fuller" on top. I know this falls into the "good problem to have" category, but all the hunt coats I've ever had fit on top and then gap about the stomach - or worse, gap around the stomach AND are tight at the top button! It hides all equitation I've been working so hard on. :winkgrin: I've heard that Grand Prix makes an endowed cut, but I'm having a hard time finding any. So, 2 questions:

1) Does anyone know where I can find the Grand Prix endowed coats?
2) Are there any other brands that make a similar cut or tend to fit the shapely ladies?

I know I could get it tailored, but if I could get a closer fit without going custom that would be great. Thanks for the help!

bluebuckets
Apr. 3, 2011, 04:00 PM
I have a very similar problem. I have broad shoulders from working out, and a small waist. I could not find a coat that would fit up top without being baggy through the waist. I ended up with an RJ Classics Diamond Collection coat, and I am quite happy with it. I did have to get the sleeves let out, however, as they seemed short for the size I bought?... Maybe I just have long arms.

You could also buy a coat and then spend an extra $30 to get it altered for that just *perfect* look. The tailor would just need to nip a little bit of fabric in at the waist.

Best of luck, and don't forget to try ebay and the gently used section at the tack shop!