PDA

View Full Version : Flora Lea Training?

kiwifruit
Apr. 3, 2011, 08:44 AM
Anyone ride the new and improved Flora Lea training course last year? Looking for some feedback on the course. Pictures on website look awesome!

Highflyer
Apr. 3, 2011, 12:27 PM
Yup. I did Training there last fall and the fall before. I definitely felt last fall was a softer Training where the year before would have been more average to mildly challenging. Nothing particularly technical or big. I think there was a small coffin, downhill banks, and a "corner" that was really just a wide table. A lot of the portables were new and very nice. The water was more of a Novice question--canter in/ bank out. It was all very pleasant. The stadium was quite challenging, though not big, with lots of turns. It actually rode really well for me, but there were a lot of rails, even in the Training Horse division. I was in the Rider division, and actually moved up like 8 places after sj/ xc, but that does not in any way reflect on the course!

kiwifruit
Apr. 3, 2011, 01:49 PM
Hey Highflyer

Thanks for the feedback. Would you consider it a move up course from novice?

Highflyer
Apr. 3, 2011, 03:37 PM
Yes, if it is similar to the course last fall it would be an excellent moveup.

HillaryH
Apr. 3, 2011, 08:55 PM
I rode T there last Fall & totally agree it would be a super move-up from Novice if they design something similar this Spring. In the Fall they changed the direction of the xc course from previous years & it was very straightforward. Nicely built new fences & good improvements to the footing, too.