PDA

View Full Version : North Salem (NY) Bridle Trails

WishIWereRiding
Apr. 2, 2011, 04:42 PM
For those of you who know the area--where is good to park to access the trails? I just got a membership, but I've heard there are no maps. On their website they list a few roads where one can park and access the trails, but I wanted to know what others thought. I have a 2H GN trailer and would prefer someplace easy with minimal to no backing up involved!

meupatdoes
Apr. 2, 2011, 06:01 PM
For those of you who know the area--where is good to park to access the trails? I just got a membership, but I've heard there are no maps. On their website they list a few roads where one can park and access the trails, but I wanted to know what others thought. I have a 2H GN trailer and would prefer someplace easy with minimal to no backing up involved!

Maybe Old Salem will let you park.
You can slip into quite a few different trails off of various entrances at the edge of that property.

You can also ride as far as that Windy Hill barn or whatever it's called from Old Salem, so that might be another place to try.

Davignport
Apr. 2, 2011, 10:34 PM
You can also access the trails off Baxter Road and there are places to park right off the road. It is a dirt road so there is not much traffic except us horse people.

WishIWereRiding
Apr. 3, 2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks! I'm going to scout out the area today by car. Anyone know how the trails are? Are they open yet? Anyone want to show me around sometime? ;)