PDA

View Full Version : Did HK really discontinue Aramas bridles?

showidaho
Apr. 1, 2011, 06:16 PM
I purchased an Aramas and LOVED it so much that I decided to buy one for my other horse...When I called my tack guy he said to get it now as they aren't making any more!!! Is this true or does he have faulty info?:sadsmile:

Lkramer
Apr. 1, 2011, 07:44 PM
Did they change the name to Dy'on??? Or am I way off base here?

SquishTheBunny
Apr. 1, 2011, 10:17 PM
I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure the Dy'on brand came out before Aramas and are not affiliated.

Too bad, I have an Aramas and love it! They were great quality!

shedllybip
Apr. 2, 2011, 08:28 AM
I just got some Aramis bridles for my tack shop last month. Far as I know, Harmon Kraft is still making them.

jn4jenny
Apr. 2, 2011, 08:28 AM
If I really wanted to know, I'd call someone like Justbridles.com who sells a ton of Aramas bridles. They could probably confirm (or contradict) what your local vendor said.

FWIW, Harmohn Kraft does a lot of contract work for a lot of brands. If you liked your Aramas, you'll probably like the other stuff they're making under other names.

rockfordbuckeye
Apr. 2, 2011, 10:07 AM
that would be sad! i love my aramas bridle. so soft and gorgeous!

Philosopher
Apr. 2, 2011, 11:19 AM
I talked to the JustBridles people a month or two ago and they said that Aramas was bought from HK and is now made by someone else. My impression is that the new version is not the same quality as the original.

Sigh, I really do love my Aramas.

redlight
Apr. 2, 2011, 04:26 PM
From what I heard, the head of HK wants to get out of the manufacturing end of the business so as someone else said, another company will wind up making the bridles.

showidaho
Apr. 4, 2011, 08:53 AM
Well that's too bad...Thanks for the info!

pattnic
Apr. 4, 2011, 09:43 AM
From what I heard, the head of HK wants to get out of the manufacturing end of the business so as someone else said, another company will wind up making the bridles.

So if this is the case, I wonder who will be making the SmartPak bridles in the future, too?

Poo on all counts.

mvp
Apr. 4, 2011, 10:39 AM
If HK gets out of the manufacturing business, that's really to bad.

You ought to elevate the status of this thread to a big PSA: "Yo, heads up-- buy now before this good-tack-for-the-money manufacturer goes extinct."

HK does make a lot of stuff for a lot of different brands. The quality of the leather would vary, but the workmanship was/is uniformly nice for the total price of the tack.

At its apex, Aramas was a great answer to Edgewood which was in its decadent phase.

BAC
Apr. 4, 2011, 10:55 AM
Did they change the name to Dy'on??? Or am I way off base here?

You're way off, by a few hundred dollars. :D Dy'on have been around much longer than Aramas, and makes a very high end product, with price to match.

Harmohn Kraft
Apr. 5, 2011, 11:50 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Tina Mohan my father is Raj Mohan who is owner of Harmohn Kraft. I'm just here to let everyone know that we have NOT discontinued manufacturing and ARAMAS, AMERICANA, and REGAL are still being made in our own factories.

We would like to thank everyone for their kind comments and support. We are also happy to announce that we will soon launch a new line of ladies accessories (purses, wristbands, wallets, duffle bags, and so on) under the Aramas label.

Thank you once again!

Tina Mohan

southernbell
Apr. 5, 2011, 11:55 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Tina Mohan my father is Raj Mohan who is owner of Harmohn Kraft. I'm just here to let everyone know that we have NOT discontinued manufacturing and ARAMAS, AMERICANA, and REGAL are still being made in our own factories.

We would like to thank everyone for their kind comments and support. We are also happy to announce that we will soon launch a new line of ladies accessories (purses, wristbands, wallets, duffle bags, and so on) under the Aramas label.

Thank you once again!

Tina Mohan

Thank you so much for letting us know! Very happy to hear that the bridles have not been discontinued as they are a very nice product at a good price point.

driveshorses
Apr. 5, 2011, 12:45 PM
I'm so glad Tina came on here to clear up any confusion. The Aramas bridles are so lovely! He had also made a couple saddles I saw at the January equestrian trade show that were GORGEOUS. And under $1500. I really hope he comes out with a saddle line.

The purses are beautiful also.

Whistler
Apr. 5, 2011, 12:52 PM
I have to chime in and say I bought an HK bridle called the 'Americana' after admiring a friend's for about a year, and it's one of the most beautiful bridles I've seen! It's breaking in perfectly, has a beautiful two tone havana/chesnut color with raised padded noseband and fancy stitching. I love it. It was hard to find but I'm so glad I did. I will have to check out the other items made by HK.

PROTACKGUY
Apr. 8, 2011, 09:15 AM
Who makes this stuff up ?

Harhmonkraft has been around way way longer than Dy'on.
As per the note by Tina Mohan they are very much in business.

The idea that Raj who grew up as a bridlemaker would be having someone else make the product for them is insane...

How about some fact checking before such ridiculous statements are made.

DMK
Apr. 8, 2011, 09:26 AM
in all fairness, the OP didn't "make stuff up". In fact s/he asked a question, specifically questioning whether it was faulty info. An lo and behold, good information was obtained.

Seems to me this is more of a triumph of fact over fiction or am I missing something?

BAC
Apr. 8, 2011, 09:39 AM
Harhmonkraft has been around way way longer than Dy'on.

How about some fact checking before such ridiculous statements are made.

I said Aramas has been around longer than Dy'on, I was referring to that particular line, not HK in general. No need to get so huffy about it. :rolleyes:

PROTACKGUY
Apr. 8, 2011, 09:44 AM
Referring to this post.

"I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure the Dy'on brand came out before Aramas and are not affiliated."

PROTACKGUY
Apr. 8, 2011, 09:56 AM
I said Aramas has been around longer than Dy'on, I was referring to that particular line, not HK in general. No need to get so huffy about it. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the attitude but too often people say things on here for commercial reasons. ie to start a rumour that may hurt the manufacturer of the product in order to further their own interests.
That may not be the case here. I cannot say but is certainly sounded as if it was a baseless rumour.
People need to take some responsibility for the words that come out of their mouths and computers.

mvp
Apr. 8, 2011, 10:30 AM
Thumbs up for Harmohn Kraft.... in general.

As I recall, this company was one of the first to get things really, really right in a changing market place. At the time that I remember them bursting onto the scene, it seemed you could spend $300+ on an Edgewood, $200 or so for a Crosby or consent to getting an obviously inferior bridle.

In an Edgewood, you got very pretty styling-- close stitching, padding, those square raised sections that had become a signature. You sometimes got strange leather. In a Crosby, you got nice leather (but not as nice as yestercentury and the pre-New Cavalry-then-Edgewood era when Crosby was the gold standard). In a Crosby, you definitely got aesthetics that did not copy Edgewood. It was (and is) a bridle that by and large continues to reflect the "half raised, plain rein, havana leather" tradition.

What Harmon Kraft did was pair great aesthetics with the right price and quality. It seems to me that this was a company that did what Pessoa also got right initially when they moved operations to Argentina. They found cheaper labor, imported British (or European) leather and did fantastic quality control. They gave tack manufactured outside of Britain and Europe a great name.

If Harmohn Kraft sticks to this basic philosophy now, I think their saddles on other leather products will please a lot of people. I'll keep my eyes peeled and look forward to seeing their creations.

showidaho
Apr. 15, 2011, 03:06 PM
I am THRILLED to hear that I was originally fed faulty information! My latest Aramas bridle (wide noseband) just came today and I LOVE IT!!!! Thumbs up to HK for making such an incredibly quality product for such a steal. My very first bridle was an HK plain, raised and I can tell you that it is still like butter in my hands today. I'm a loyal customer! Now, they really need to stop making such nice things because I really needed this new bridle like a whole in the head, but who can resist?! ;)

SquishTheBunny
Apr. 15, 2011, 03:19 PM
Referring to this post.

"I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure the Dy'on brand came out before Aramas and are not affiliated."

I know HK has been around forever, but thought aramas was one of their newer lines. I know Dy'on has been around for years, at least here in Canada. I have not seen an Aramas bridle over 5 years old before...but maybe thats just when they became popular.