PDA

View Full Version : David O'Connor to make historic comeback at Rolex

Blugal
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:20 PM
I just read that David is planning on riding at Rolex in order to show the Active Athletes Committee that he is ready, willing, and able to not only coach but to use his riding skills for the US coaching position. Karen has generously offered to let him ride Mandiba.

LisaB
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:22 PM
;)

ponysize
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:22 PM
ha, good one

On Second Thought
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:25 PM
Karen has generously offered to let him ride Mandiba.

It's like reading:

"Paris Hilton, tired of the single-scene, is looking to make a go at a monogamous relationship. Due the extensive line of suitors in combination of Paris’s inability to focus for more than 5 seconds, The Goddesses have generously offered Charlie "TigerBlood" Sheen as a partner to show her the ropes."

Sonoma City
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:26 PM
That took me a second after I re-read it bug-eyed. You're the winner for the day so far! :-D

betonbill
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:29 PM
HAHAHAHA. You had me for a moment.

Since he seems to have put on a few lbs, does he still fit the 20% requirement for riding a horse?

Xctrygirl
Apr. 1, 2011, 02:11 PM
It's TRUE!!!

Last I heard Karen was supervising as his brother Brian gave him a lead on "Sydney" to remind him which way to go in stadium. Seems David has gotten rusty on his course recollections and they don't want a replay of the Custom Made incident.

Meanwhile Marilyn Little-Merediths in in the stands yelling directions for each fence.

~Emily

skip916
Apr. 1, 2011, 03:00 PM
you are SO the winner for good april fools jokes!

since he rode at Poplar the other weekend (novice), for just a quick second, i thought you might be serious. lol.

pwynnnorman
Apr. 2, 2011, 10:56 PM
First thing I thought upon reading it was: Karen? What about Joan (Goswell, his owner)...which was when I realized it was a joke.