PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Chronicle Rolex Kentucky coverage

Lisa Slade
Apr. 1, 2011, 10:16 AM
Hey guys,

We're planning our Rolex coverage for this year, and we're wondering what you want to see from us. Are there things we've done in the past that you've really liked (The course walk with Jimmy Wofford? Live blogging? Stories and photos from each day?)

In addition, we want to know what new things you want to see from us! Feel free to share any and all ideas you have.

Lisa Slade
lisa@chronofhorse.com

staceyk
Apr. 8, 2011, 04:35 PM
I love the human interest stuff -- profiles of the horses and riders, esp the newbies and the ones who are up and coming.

I'd like to read more about Remington, the Rubenstein warmblood that is competing this year, and maybe a rundown on the off the track thoroughbreds. How about covering the folks that aren't in the list, and why? I noticed Becky Holder is not here, and the young woman from PA who came with her thoroughbred, can't recall her name but think she placed last among those who finished last year. Her horse is a difficult ride.

How about a rundown of the trade show? New sponsors and attendees?

Thanks!

Lori B
Apr. 13, 2011, 02:44 PM
Yes, what's up with Becky and Comet? Anyone?

Becky Rocky
Apr. 16, 2011, 10:49 PM
I had read in a past article or interview that Becky was going to give Comet a light year, and he doesn't owe her anything - what an amazing horse he's been!

I ditto what Stacy had to say.

I always look forward to what Jim Wofford has to say about each entry, always can't wait to grab my mag. for that each year.

My daughter and I go every year, they most fun stories are the young riders/up and coming ones, the ones that have faced enormous odds to reach Rolex, and the people like us, the amateurs that love and care, and train their horses and somehow make it to Rolex! Those are wonderful stories. We all know so much about the popular professionals, which I do love and enjoy watching, but most people who read the Chronicle of the Horse are like me, with their own farm, and breeding, and maybe a child that is an eventer like mine, wanting to put their footsteps on the Rolex course one day.

Thanks for the coverage, looking forward to another great year and wonderful stories!

Becky

Carol Ames
Apr. 19, 2011, 09:19 PM
Find those who, have trailered their own horse;), are in the stables late each night, doing a late night check;:cool: preparing tack, etc. for next day; they may be sleeping a trailer/ van/ on the floor of a motel room shared by others; morning wash ups in a water bucket tough for putting in contact lenses:eek:

Carol Ames
Apr. 19, 2011, 09:23 PM
[quote=Lori B;5544030]Yes, what's up with Becky and Comet? Anyone? I thought I had read that they were going to;) Europe:confused: