PDA

View Full Version : just wondering if anyone out there had a bad experience dealing with stillfork farm?

kim3468
Mar. 31, 2011, 12:30 PM
i'm just wondering if anyone else out there has had a bad experience dealing with stillfork farm in ohio? some friends of mine bought a thoroughbred mare from them last year and then discovered this year that the mare was pregant(they were never told that the mare was bred) and now the owner of stillfork wants an additional $3500 in stud fees(thats if the current owners of the mare want to register the colt)

Silvercrown90
Apr. 1, 2011, 10:21 PM
They appear to be a less than honorable outfit. Here is an article from Bloodhorse.com where it appears they purchased a horse under false pretenses. The horse was sold under the condition that it would never race again, but soon the sellers found it that after it went to Stillfork Farm it was resold as a racehorse. This is from August 2008:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/46799/retired-horse-saved-from-return-to-track

Mara
Apr. 2, 2011, 06:27 PM
They appear to be a less than honorable outfit. Here is an article from Bloodhorse.com where it appears they purchased a horse under false pretenses. The horse was sold under the condition that it would never race again, but soon the sellers found it that after it went to Stillfork Farm it was resold as a racehorse. This is from August 2008:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/46799/retired-horse-saved-from-return-to-track

Sold to race in Antigua? Nothing against the people of Antigua - I'm sure they have some good horsemen - but I doubt there is much of a safety net.

Uh, yeah, they don't sound like a very ethical bunch.

Colorado Eventer
Apr. 2, 2011, 07:50 PM
i'm just wondering if anyone else out there has had a bad experience dealing with stillfork farm in ohio? some friends of mine bought a thoroughbred mare from them last year and then discovered this year that the mare was pregant(they were never told that the mare was bred) and now the owner of stillfork wants an additional $3500 in stud fees(thats if the current owners of the mare want to register the colt)

Yes, will elaborate in PM, but basically, client bought a horse from them, two days before the shipper was due to pick it up, they called and said the horse ran through a fence. Emergency vet call and stitches needed. They demanded a money order for the vet bill before the horse left, my client overnighted it, (horse still left 2 days leter). Three weeks later the new owner gets a call from the vet hospital about a past due invoice...they pocketed her money order and never paid the vet. Client who bought the horse lives in another state, after fighting and chasing them for 2 months, she gave up and just paid the vet. So my advice is to beware, be very careful with them.

Nancy_P
Jun. 23, 2013, 08:09 PM
This operation is fraudulent, and the owner is a thief. I personally attempted to purchase a racing thoroughbred horse from her not knowing that she was sold the filly under the condition that it was never to race again due to injuries and that she was never given the foaling papers, which are required to register every thoroughbred at every track in this country. I found out later that this was not the first time she attempted this scam. She has also kept money sent to her to pay vet bills. Do not do business with this "operation". For further information on her exploits, google "Stillfork Farm Daily Racing Form".