PDA

View Full Version : Hip discomfort in BMSS, way to fix this?

mysaygrace
Mar. 31, 2011, 11:05 AM
I ride in a BMSS & all I can say is I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this saddle & so do my horses. My husband thought he'd like it as well, luckily I found a wonderful deal on a used BMSS in mint condition. Problem is my husband says the saddle gives him hip pain, like it's spreading his hips too far apart. I know we can resell this saddle & not lose any of the money we spent on it but I wanted to try a few things before my husband gives up on his BMSS. I remember reading a few places about people getting shims on their Skito pads & about special twist pads that can be added under the saddle, does anyone here have any advice or experience with this problem? Thank you for your time & help, Lisa

GreyDes
Mar. 31, 2011, 11:21 AM
The other thing to check is the stirrup placement - there are a few options on this when the saddle is ordered new. If it has the endurance placement, the stirrups will be directly under him - designed for riders who are out of the saddle for most of the ride. This will stretch the hip flexors if he's sitting (not standing in the stirrups) for most of the ride.

If this is the case, I believe they can be adjusted forward. Contact Bob Marshall directly, and they should be able to tell you.