View Full Version : Jumper trainer in Lawrenceville Georgia area??

Mar. 31, 2011, 02:58 AM
Hi all!
I'm moving to The Lawrenceville Georgia area. Will be working in Suwanee. I'm looking for a jumper trainer that can handle a sensitive and talented mare. Any advice? Thanks so much!!!:D

War Admiral
Mar. 31, 2011, 06:46 AM
Jim and Michelle Basset, Southwind Stables in Conyers. :yes:

Apr. 1, 2011, 07:50 PM
I second Jim and Michelle at Southwind. Tell them Big Orange in PA sent you.

Apr. 2, 2011, 03:55 PM
Trust me you are not going to want to make that drive from Lawrenceville to Conyers everytime you want to ride. Especially with ATL traffic. I used to live/work in Suwanee also. I remember there being a few good show barns in the Alpharetta area.(mush easier to get to). Plus the show grounds for that area are at Wills Park, Alpharetta.
Of course I cant remember what the barn names were. but maybe that will help your search.

Apr. 2, 2011, 11:36 PM
wow i could not imagine driving suwanee to conyers just to ride, and i drive far to my barn already! there are a million barns in alpharetta, which is a much better drive like Niqi said. Hilmar is up in gainsville, kinda further but still nice...with jack flowers out there...Are looking for a place to board and train or have a trainer come out to you? but there are many options either way!

Summit Springs Farm
Apr. 3, 2011, 12:35 PM
Its not a terrible drive from Suwanee to Alpharetta, I would consider Heather Ray. Or Cathy Whiteside.

Apr. 3, 2011, 09:21 PM
I live in Suwanee! Welcome to my neck of the woods :) I ride with Sunny Stevens. Takes me 35 min to get there around 3 on weekdays and I live just over the river towards the l'ville side.

Apr. 7, 2011, 03:22 AM
Thanks for all the advice so far...I'll take a look at Alpharetta ...I'm looking for a boarding and training .... Not lucky enough to have my own property:)

good booie
Apr. 7, 2011, 10:18 AM
I too would not ever consider driving to Conyers from Suwanee. yucky! It takes me one hour on the dot to get to my farm in Alpharetta from work. I work right at 85 and Lawrenceville Suwanee exit and my barn is on Birmingham Highway which is right smack in the middle of Alpharetta horse land:) The drive sucks due to time but overall is it pleasent easy stress free drive.