PDA

View Full Version : Galway ClC ***

advmom
Mar. 31, 2011, 12:23 AM
Just looked and times are posted, is it odd that the 3* is being run over two days?

Eventing Strong
Mar. 31, 2011, 12:46 AM
They ran it like that last year just to try it out and most of the feedback from competitors was really good. I'm just guessing that the positive feedback from riders is what caused them to run it like that again this year.

PhoenixFarm
Mar. 31, 2011, 04:24 PM
Galway Downs Press Officer checking in here! :winkgrin:

There are a couple of reasons why it runs this way, but the main one is to differentiate between the March International Horse Trials (CIC) and the November International Three Day event (CCI). It's too easy to confuse the two, so this helps make it clear that March is a qualifier horse trials, and November is the competition being qualified for.

Other contributing factors include running it similar to the format used in Europe, and added spectator interest in running the cross country in reverse order of place.

And yes, the format got a lot of positive feedback last year from competitors and spectators alike, so that made it easy to stick with! For those that love the show jumping, we have the prelim through Advanced horse trials show jumping on Sunday!

Also, we will be doing a live Twitter feed during the CIC*** so check out the link on our home page (www.galwaydowns.com) to follow it!

misita
Mar. 31, 2011, 11:34 PM
I hope everybody has a safe and successful ride. Thank God for good weather. :)

Heather, that's great your the press officer! Yay!!!:)

advmom
Apr. 1, 2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks for clarifying
So I'm assuming only one jog- prior to Dressage?
I believe the Fork ClC*** last yr had two jogs and of course the Sunday jog is very important compared to one held Thurs.
Competitors will always have positive feedback when they don't have a post xc jog
does this format diminish the importance of a ClC run under this format when it is used as a qualifier for the summer CCl*** ie Bromont or Jersey??