PDA

View Full Version : Rolex!

mustangsal85
Mar. 30, 2011, 09:39 PM
I ordered my tickets today!!! All 5 sets... ugh, good bye money. :( But it's ok! Who's with me?!

Sorry.. got a little excited. :-D

sarah88
Mar. 30, 2011, 09:51 PM
I am! A friend and I bought ourselves tickets as happy college graduation presents for ourselves :)

Kairoshorses
Mar. 30, 2011, 09:54 PM
I'm in! I'll be a fence judge again! Can't wait!

ddashaq
Mar. 30, 2011, 10:06 PM
We got our tickets several weeks ago-- so excited!

TimelyImpulse
Mar. 30, 2011, 10:26 PM
Last year was my first time there, and I was a fence judge, which I am doing again this year. Got a campsite for the RV too-- whoo hoo!

LisaB
Mar. 31, 2011, 07:54 AM
Err, vet scribing at 6 1/2 months pregnant. Got my hotel and if anyone wants to bunk up with me, I got one in Georgetown for Fri and Sat nights.

bizbachfan
Mar. 31, 2011, 08:11 AM
I am going first time! So excited. My sister rented a little victorian style guest house for us to stay in. YAY!

scubed
Mar. 31, 2011, 08:28 AM
I'm going. I'll be one of the XC area stewards as well as spectating Friday and Sunday

Auburn
Mar. 31, 2011, 09:36 AM
I will either be a crossing guard/crowd control or a mounted steward.

I had signed up for both. I received an email from the person in charge of the mounted stewards saying that those positions are very hard to come by, but she would keep me on the back up list.

I figured that I would be a crossing guard.

My DH went on the dashboard, because he can figure it out and found me listed as a mounted steward. Cool!

Does anybody know of someone on COTH who is a mounted steward at Rolex?

I will be volunteering at the Area8 booth, too.

vineyridge
Mar. 31, 2011, 11:17 AM
Trying to find the money to go. I'm signed up as an interior crossing guard again.

I hope there will be a COTH get together again this year.

scubed
Mar. 31, 2011, 11:23 AM
Oh yeah!! The COTH get-together was excellent. Who has an RV spot where we could do it again. I'll bring some beer/wine.

eventr4life
Mar. 31, 2011, 11:26 AM
We are going as well!! So excited, first time going!!!

Holly Jeanne
Mar. 31, 2011, 01:03 PM
:)

Timer in warm-up. Hope to see some of you!

pegasusmom
Mar. 31, 2011, 01:35 PM
Area Steward on cross country and really excited as I get to work with some of my favorite folks to include Flutie and Flight Check who I haven't seen in ages!

ACMEeventing
Apr. 1, 2011, 09:24 AM
I'm going! First time, though we went to WEG. Be interesting to compare the two.

Not volunteering this year, but will definitely sign up for it next.

Where's the party?

WishIWereRiding
Apr. 1, 2011, 10:55 AM
I'm going! Got my tickets already. Can't wait!

jumpsnake
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:20 PM
I'll be there! Stadium volunteer.

alg0181
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:26 PM
I'm going but not volunteering as I have a non-horsey husband and a horse-crazy 10 year old niece to wrangle. Plus two dogs...

My first time! I can't wait! We should have some kind of COTH booth ;)

pony grandma
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:41 PM
COTH does have a booth there at the trade fair. Some arranged a meet time there one year. Others meet in the campground for pitch-ins after xcountry.

You won't lack for people to meet or talk to anyway! You'll recognize that downhill skier's white around the eyeballs look on all the faces there! ;)

barnworkbeatshousework
Apr. 1, 2011, 03:02 PM
This will be my 4th time, but this time I'm going with an old college friend (who I haven't seen in 15 years), who is a Rolex virgin. Always love taking newbies! We have an awesome hotel suite with a kitchen, as well as a campsite reserved, so we have somewhere to crash for wine/relaxation in-between events. (Campsite parking will also allow us to come and go on and off the property, as we wish, all weekend long). Can't wait!!!!!! Make sure you don't miss Eric Dierk's XC coursewalk. He a friend, and an awesome horseman! You'll never look at the XC course the same way, again!

ivy62
Apr. 1, 2011, 03:52 PM
i have gone every year since 2004 with the exception of last year. we went to WEG, i do not volunteer but we have a newbie going with us.we should have a blast....staying in a cute victorian in millersburg....cannot wait!

Tazzie
Apr. 5, 2011, 03:49 PM
I finally remembered to buy my tickets yesterday! This year will be, I think, my 6th year attending.

I'm really excited about this year for 3 specific reasons:
(1) I get to see the changes to the park that were done for WEG since I was unable to attend WEG.
(2) I love how many "Eventer Celebrities" are coming! There are the usual riders that I never get sick of watching, Buck, Boyd, Karen, Allison, but this year will be the 1st time that I get to watch Mark Todd & Mary King in person!
(3) And the most important reason - this is the 1st year that I personally know one of the riders, and can't wait to cheer for her.

LAZ
Apr. 5, 2011, 04:56 PM
Oh yeah!! The COTH get-together was excellent. Who has an RV spot where we could do it again. I'll bring some beer/wine.

We can do it at my site again if everyone wants.

I'll be there W-Sun but I'm slacking off and not volunteering anywhere. :D

WW_Queen
Apr. 5, 2011, 06:07 PM
Heading down this year too! It's been a while since I was down there last... really looking forward to it. :)

fargaloo
Apr. 5, 2011, 06:24 PM
My first time -- I am so excited!!! Me, my daughter and 2 friends.... it will be a 10h drive but so worth it! I am antsy as a kid waiting for Christmas.. :D

Any advice for a newbie? Also hoping to meet a few COTHers....

pony grandma
Apr. 5, 2011, 08:48 PM
Watch the warm-ups - dressage and SJ. Definitely do make the trek to see the vet box on XC day. If you can go see the vet checks - very early a.m. to get a good spot but they are a huge part of the story unfolding thru the weekend. Don't dawdle - you'll need to hike to make it all :D XC day find a jumbotron in the field and see a few runs progress on that - also buy the DVD as a replay memory for yrs after. Wear something bright and you may spot yourself :lol: - also good idea to be able to find your DD and friends! Maybe like a hat that you can pick out in a crowd. Cell phones were invented for this weekend.

PM some of your COTH connections and trade phone #s. Heck just talk to the person standing next to you any day - they're all there crazy. You won't believe how many of us there are - all wearing the same white around the eyes just skied down the mountain look on our faces! What a treat -- I love taking newbies to Rolex just to watch them take it all in. :yes:

fargaloo
Apr. 5, 2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks, PG!! Great advice -- I might just have to buy a truly obnoxiously- coloured garment just for the occasion!!

retreadeventer
Apr. 5, 2011, 09:45 PM
OK all sounds good -- LAZ let us know your campsite number when you find it out -- I need some help folks, I will be blogging for Ecogold a little bit and she's got a really fantastic lineup at her booth for the weekend. Please come over and meet and greet. I think I am going to be on radio one day too. There are other interesting things I'll be doing. I need COTH friends to help do some of these things. Anyone want to join me on a private course walk with a RIDER? It's a really cool rider, too. Friday I think. And did everyone see HAMISH is coming? How cool is that. Can't wait! Seema let me know what area you are in, too, so I can come and say hi. Pony G, I will meet you either at the Jumbotron in the afternoon or vetbox in the morning. (We always end up at the jumbotron bec. us city people get TIRED of walking!)
Any other ideas and things we have to do? Viney, where are you going to be? WE HAVE TO MEET UP!
Carry on.

pegasusmom
Apr. 5, 2011, 10:08 PM
LAZ - I'm in this year if there is a get together at your campsite, and I get to work with Flutie the one and only on XC, and we have cool area to cover! There will be lots of chat about greyhounds, dachshunds and coonhounds.

And I am looking forward to buying one or more hats. . . . need to have fancy hats.

ltmac
Apr. 6, 2011, 01:57 PM
Got out tickets a few weeks ago...so excited! :D

evntr5218
Apr. 7, 2011, 10:26 AM
ive lived in ky all my life and cant remember a year i havnt been. ill be a vet scrib in the vet box this year. excited since it was always one of my favorite plases to hang out and watch

eyetallion stallion
Apr. 21, 2011, 11:11 PM
So. Where and when is the get together?

CookiePony
Apr. 22, 2011, 08:37 AM
I'll be there! Volunteering in stabling Thurs- Sun.

Anyone want to bunk with me on Thursday night? My roomie (scubed) does not come until Friday.

scubed
Apr. 22, 2011, 08:41 AM
I vote Friday get together at LAZ's site. I will bring wine. Friday better for me than Sat because long day volunteering Sat then reunion dinner with the Michigan peeps, but if you all vote Sat, I'll stop by briefly (and drop off the wine)

LisaB
Apr. 22, 2011, 08:45 AM
Retread, I would love to course walk, if you can handle my wheezing. But I won't have tickets. I'm getting my volunteer package at 7 on Friday. Am I screwed out of a coursewalk?
I think Fri at LAZ's campsite would be great. Potluck, I'm assuming. That is again if I can get in.

Holly Jeanne
Apr. 22, 2011, 08:57 AM
I'm afraid I can only do Saturday but, if I'm the only one I understand if it needs to be on Friday. I have a dressage clinic on Friday and Sunday and am working Rolex on Saturday. Auditing for the dressage clinic is free if anyone is interested. :lol: I'ts about 40 minutes from the horse park.

scubed
Apr. 22, 2011, 09:16 AM
40-60% chance of rain all three days. Why does this not surprise me?

LAZ
Apr. 22, 2011, 11:00 AM
Friday works best for me, I have plans for Saturday night.

My campsite will be either C159 or 161--it depends on which one I can get in easier on Wednesday night. :winkgrin: My group has C159-162 so if you come down & there is a batch of people milling around drinking beer and laughing that would be us. If you come in from the polo field end take a right & walk down til the road starts to curve, I'm on the outside, my site looks out to the sunken road, etc.

I have a white Merhow horse trailer & an older, recognizable blue Ford crew cab dually.

What time should I expect everyone?

LAZ
Apr. 22, 2011, 11:01 AM

Anyone want to bunk with me on Thursday night? My roomie (scubed) does not come until Friday.

I love working with Mary & Bev, they're the greatest.

retreadeventer
Apr. 22, 2011, 03:17 PM

Cookie we need to get together fri or sat. Can you course walk w/ me Fri? maybe?

I vote for Fri. COTH get-together/at LAZ's campsite.

Scubed - if you are checking COTH - where will you be THIS weekend at FH?
I need to get up with you on Sat. or Sun.

CookiePony
Apr. 22, 2011, 09:43 PM
Cookie we need to get together fri or sat. Can you course walk w/ me Fri? maybe?

Probably! :) I'm not sure of my schedule each day but I am sure I will be able to get away at some point.

Either Friday or Saturday works for a get-together. :yes:

LAZ
Apr. 26, 2011, 11:01 AM
So are we on for my site on Friday night? If so, what's the plan? I can toss some burger in from my freezer.

Glimmerglass
Apr. 26, 2011, 02:44 PM
40-60% chance of rain all three days. Why does this not surprise me?

I think its improved in the outlook for Friday, Saturday and Sunday with a far more promising forecast. No rain, may be sunny and temps in the 65-75 range for those days. The grounds however likely will just be a yielding mess with all the storms of today, tomorrow and likely some on Thursday.

http://www.kentucky.com/weather/

skip916
Apr. 26, 2011, 02:54 PM
would you guys be accepting of a few new faces at the coth party in the campground? this will be my 11th year attending rolex, but just my second year as a cother so i don't really know many of ya'll in person!

we would love to bring something! :yes:

LAZ
Apr. 26, 2011, 08:54 PM
would you guys be accepting of a few new faces at the coth party in the campground? this will be my 11th year attending rolex, but just my second year as a cother so i don't really know many of ya'll in person!

we would love to bring something! :yes:

Of course--not many of us knew each other to start with, either. I've been very fortunate to make some good friends after meeting them through CoTH.

TimelyImpulse
Apr. 26, 2011, 10:20 PM
What time was decided for Friday?