PDA

View Full Version : Barns on the North Shore, Ma

blackwatch86
Mar. 30, 2011, 06:33 PM
Hey there...

Odd question...My partner and I are moving back to Massachusetts after a winter in Wellington and looking for a place to lease dry stalls. We have three horses to move in currently and a few more who would like to board with us if we can find stalls.

It doesn't have to be a hunter/jumper barn...just a place where we could have at least 4 stalls to start (and hopefully have room to grow), where the owner would be comfortable having us run our business (teaching/training rides for our own clients, etc.) and where we could use either our own jumps or jumps that we already in place. Footing and paddocks mean a lot to us. Doesn't have to have an indoor as we will hopefully have our own place by next winter.

I know Twisdenwood is always available, but we're extremely hesitant to move into a large facility where there are already multiple other trainers and the paddocks can barely be seen from the barn.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

hj0519
Mar. 30, 2011, 06:51 PM
Have you looked at the classifieds on equine site? They have a stalls wanted/stalls available section.

https://www.equimarket.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?db=h_stalls&website=&language=&session_key=

kimball1
Mar. 31, 2011, 07:42 AM
Sent you a PM- I have some stalls in our large facility, plus a small private barn that is empty right now that might work

juststartingout
Apr. 2, 2011, 11:17 PM
Also interested.... any other suggestions

blackwatch86
Apr. 5, 2011, 11:33 AM
Bump! Thanks guys...we've looked all through EquineSite and spoken to the normal large barns like Twisdenwood and Canterbrook.

Leprechaun
Apr. 6, 2011, 06:15 AM
It's for sale but sounds perfect for you guys and is incredibly centrally located.

Check out www.northwindfarm.blogspot.com

Celeritas
Apr. 6, 2011, 09:36 AM
I would advise you to stay far, far away from Canterbrook. PM me if you want details, but trust me, you do not want to get involved there.

danosaur
Apr. 6, 2011, 10:10 PM
i second the canterbrook bit.
glad to have you two back north! :D

North
Jul. 16, 2013, 08:15 PM
What have you heard about Canterbrook?