PDA

View Full Version : Show Backpacks: Whats in yours?

bjd2013
Mar. 30, 2011, 06:21 PM
What do you have in your show backpack, besides the basic things like spurs, crop, ear puffs, brushes etc?

koppem10
Mar. 30, 2011, 08:48 PM
I always have some Advil with me, extra hairnets/hair ties, chap stick and some tissues (especially showing over the winter)!

Troispony
Mar. 30, 2011, 09:58 PM
Scissors, sewing kit, extra number strings (especially helpful for zipping up tight tall boots!), safety pins, advil, emergency $5 for food, tissues, booby pins, compact mirror, sharpie, extra shirt collar, boot polish, water bottle, extra gloves
Can you tel I carry a BIG backpack? :lol:

makeasplash
Mar. 30, 2011, 10:04 PM
Hair nets, gloves, ponytail holders, purell, $10, sunscreen, water, granola bar, razors (for last minute whiskers), mints for pony, pens, camera, socks, and in the summer, flip flops.

I use my backpack as my day bag for anything I might need. I would be lost without it.

justjumpit278
Mar. 30, 2011, 10:07 PM
Oh my, where do I start?!
Rags
Hoof polish
Scissors
Pens
Copy of coggins
Show strings
Hair nets, ties, and bobby pins
Shirt collars
Advil
Hand sanitizer
Band aids
Chapstick (WITH SPF!! My lips always get burnt at shows :P)
Stain remover
Safety pins
Lady products ;)
Brush/mirror compact
Deodorant
Purple nose shaver
Ziploc baggies
Lint roller
Sharpie

I guess my bag is on the large side as well! :lol:

BetterOffRed
Mar. 31, 2011, 12:07 AM
All of the above...pluse a flask!

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Mar. 31, 2011, 04:11 AM
These are all things I keep in my tack trunk at all times... I don't carry anything but my phone and a schedule with me generally.

supershorty628
Mar. 31, 2011, 08:45 AM
My [awesome] mom has a backpack that has every sort of grooming item you could ever imagine in it, as well as a camcorder with a monopod (decreases the amount of apparent earthquakes during rounds). I also have a backpack that goes with me when I am not riding at the moment; it has my helmet buckled onto the front, hairnets, several different spur sizes, a crop, gloves, a water bottle, my back brace, and usually some money*.

*I went to try and use that money the other day only to discover that apparently I only have quetzales in there right now. Oops...

myalter1
Mar. 31, 2011, 09:01 AM
all that, and A TIDE PEN...gets almost anything out of your shirt...ketchup, blood, green horse slime....etc.

Jumper6252
Mar. 31, 2011, 07:05 PM
I have the following:
-variety of spurs
-crops
-rag
-gloves
-hard brush for boots
-boot polish
-ear puffs
-razor
-water bottle
-money
-membership cards
-treats
-hair ties
-hair nets

T-storm chick
Mar. 31, 2011, 07:44 PM
Scissors, sewing kit, extra number strings (especially helpful for zipping up tight tall boots!), safety pins, advil, emergency $5 for food, tissues, booby pins, compact mirror, sharpie, extra shirt collar, boot polish, water bottle, extra gloves
Nothing like being prepared--but I have a question about the booby pins. Sounds like they would hurt!:winkgrin:
No snark intended just got a kick out of the typo!

bjd2013
Mar. 31, 2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks y'all! My friend and I just recently got our show backpacks and there are so many pockets etc. We didn't know what to put in all of them!

brynleigh
Mar. 31, 2011, 09:35 PM
I keep a mini liverpool in mine, because you just never know when you need a liverpool :)

Troispony
Mar. 31, 2011, 11:48 PM
Nothing like being prepared--but I have a question about the booby pins. Sounds like they would hurt!:winkgrin:
No snark intended just got a kick out of the typo!

I can't go into details here- its pretty graphic...

indygirl2560
Mar. 31, 2011, 11:59 PM
These are all things I keep in my tack trunk at all times... I don't carry anything but my phone and a schedule with me generally.
same here

JLD
Apr. 1, 2011, 11:49 AM
Gin.

EverAfter
Apr. 1, 2011, 12:44 PM
I can't go into details here- its pretty graphic...

:lol::lol::lol:

leilatigress
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:06 PM
DD's show pack has battery operated fan with water and extra batteries, flashlight,jerky, fruit snacks, bobby pins, double sided tape, sunscreen, sunglasses, hair net, pen, paper, coloring book, colored pencils (they don't melt in Texas heat) peppermints,apron, leadrope, belt, baby wipes, hair gel, lotion, socks, hair brush, and the all important fuzzy horse. (3" little horse that clips onto the pack). The lead rope has come in handy to catch a wayward horse and the double sided tape was fantastic for her number. I keep her in the apron so she doesn't get her pants dirty between classes. Travel sizes are your best friend and so are refillable bottles bought at the dollar store. ;)

Lizrd
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:55 PM

Yikes! That doesn't sound like something I would want to keep spares of....

luvs2ridewbs
Apr. 1, 2011, 01:57 PM
Do most people have the gpa ones? Or is there another popular one?

morganpony86
Apr. 1, 2011, 03:03 PM
I'll add to the lists: Gatorade and dill pickle potato chips.

darbzilla
Apr. 1, 2011, 08:12 PM
I'll add to the lists: Gatorade and dill pickle potato chips.

Ahhh! I found my twin:D

bjd2013
Apr. 1, 2011, 09:37 PM
Do most people have the gpa ones? Or is there another popular one?

I haven't seen anyone with them, but I think their pricey. You can get a good one way cheaper.
My friend and I have the Ogio Metro:
http://ogio.com/backpacks/metro
I also like the Politan too.

karlymacrae
Apr. 1, 2011, 10:19 PM
hair clips, hairnet, ponytails, extra gloves, water, granola bars, crystal light, money, spurs, crop, hmm.. there's lots of random things shoved in the bottom i.e single socks, broken spur straps, old numbers. and my ipod/cellphone.

GreystoneKC
Apr. 4, 2011, 11:53 PM
I thought this might be funny to actually do.

Let me first point out that I'm a 32 yo pro with a black and red skull and crossbones Jansport that comes with me to every show. Yeah, that's just how I do it...

Current contents:

Checkbook and a few dollars
Random Woodedge show schedule
4 Seasons, Tewksbury, and Our Farm prize lists
Boot puller-offer (the technical term, of course)
Boot puller-onners (ditto)
Knee brace
Riding gloves
Old Navy bag filled with tubes of giant Smarties
Ziplock bag or boot cleaning supplies
A few pairs of spurs
Approx 47 bottles of 5 Hour Energy
Hair brush
First aid kit
24 packs of gum - which I rarely chew....?
Bottle of prescription strength hardcore Ibuprophen
AAA card
3+/- highlighters
A few Sharpies of varying colours
38745847 pens - including one that lights up!
Hand sanitizer - full
3 lipsticks and a Burts Bees lip balm - must have been using the bag to go out one night...?
A pair of red lens sunglasses (this just keeps getting more bizarre...)
Sunscreen
3 bottles of water
Winter gloves (I think I can get rid of them now)
Pack of tissues
Many receipts and assorted trash
A birthday cake candle (um, seriously.)
Loose tic tacs
A plastic spoon
Wet naps
A camera lens cleaning towelette
Hair ties
Hair net
Headphones
Girl products
An earring (only one)
Peppermints
Pop Tarts
Half eaten Milky Way candy bar... Ew.
Enough change to warrant a trip to the bank...

Wow... I think I need to much my backpack... I can't believe it all fits in there!