PDA

View Full Version : Funny moments!

foreverdreaming
Mar. 30, 2011, 05:55 PM
What is the funniest thing your horse has ever done? Does your horse have a "sense of humor"?

My friend and I were grooming her horse, and after stealing some chips out of my hand, I could of sworn he was smirking! The look on his face was hilarious, and I will never forget it!

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

3 is the limit
Mar. 30, 2011, 06:24 PM
Once my WB was standing behind me while I was talking to someone. At some point he bit my shoulder. I spun around to look at him and just as I was doing that he turned his neck in the same direction to look over his shoulder. It seemed that he was saying, "Hey, the guy who just bit you wasn't me...it must be that horse over there behind me".

One time I was bent over cleaning out my QH hooves. I guess there was a little gap between my butt and my britches. Without touching my skin or the britches, he used the tips of his teeth to somehow grab the elastic band on the top of my underware and snap it hard. Spooked the snot out of me. Knowing him, he was laughing all afternoon about that one and telling his horsey friends how he got one over on the human.LOL

mcohen416@ufl.edu
Mar. 30, 2011, 07:17 PM
I was untacking the horse I was leasing at the time and went to give him a hug around his neck. Being a grumpy pants I didnt expect him to lower his neck and pretty much take me in for a bear hug! I was so amazed and touched that I didnt notice him make a grab for my breeches, which of course had my underwear in them. He gave me the biggest wedgie, and after that his expression said "HAHA I tricked you!".

It also taught me to not hug him when wearing my Ariats that get baggy in the butt...:D

Vesper Sparrow
Mar. 30, 2011, 07:32 PM
My gelding snapped the very top edge of my bra once. Cheeky bugger.

accidental cowgirl
Mar. 30, 2011, 09:43 PM
I was trail riding with several friends a couple years ago, riding my retired OTTB hunter. We rode down to a lake with a sloping sandy bottom and let our horses wade in to get a drink and splash around. My silly horse was happily pawing and splashing around, then suddenly dropped to his knees to roll--in nearly 2 feet of water. I jumped off flailing and yelling (and then fell in the lake). He hopped to his feet and just looked at me in bewilderment, wondering what was wrong with me. It was a COLD ride back to camp. The next day we went back to the lake but we were smart: we rode in bareback and my horse happily went swimming.

usedtobeaweffer
Mar. 30, 2011, 09:46 PM
we had a horse in the barn that had one of those jolly balls in his stall… he would grab it by the handle and throw it the air and let it hit him in the head for hours at a time… We put a rope on it so that he could swing it… he would also do this for hours… then he moved on the going into the paddock and grabbing his lead rope and swinging it around in the air almost the whole time he was turned out… needless to say he was an out of work ex-GP horse… and I am pretty sure he had some ADHD issues… lol

Mimi La Rue
Mar. 31, 2011, 12:29 AM
Once I was picking my horse Rudy's front hoof and he reached down and grabbed the hat off my head. He started shaking it up in the air in excitement then.

He also has flashed two people. He grabbed just the bottom of their shirt and then lifted it up. One was my husband, the other was a lady who leased him for a short time. He is a naughty boy! He really has a thing for chewing on clothing. Luckily he just bites the clothing, never any skin. I punish him of course but can't help but laugh too.

Oh also the other day fatty was rolling in the turnout. He rolled over and got stuck on his back for seriously like 30 seconds! Just laying there with his feet up - straight on his back. I started to freak out thinking how I was going to get him over, but just as I started walking toward him he rolled over on his side, then back over again and again. It was like a 5 minute roll. He also rolls like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDkwsEbBHFI all the time. So many people stop and stare.

classicsporthorses
Mar. 31, 2011, 06:42 AM
Okay these had me laughing for sure. My big gelding Maverick has a wicked sense of humor but one that comes to mind was with my stallion Miracle.

I was in the pasture, in the winter all bundled up. I have this fabulous neck/head gator that I wear. It scrunches down on your neck so nicely. Anyway, it was down like that and I was standing there speaking with a friend as Miracle walks up. He's just standing behind me and then ever so carefully he grabs the back of the neck gator in his teeth. Then again carefully and slowly he starts backing up...think caveman dragging cavewoman by the hair.

I feel myself starting to get pulled and well I can't reach his nose to swat at him. As my friend tries to intervene he starts backing up faster. I think we got 40 feet or more before she got him to let go of me. Thankfully he did it in a way that I did not lose my footing. Silly Stallion.

LookmaNohands
Mar. 31, 2011, 07:04 AM
One of my horses is an absolute clown! I could be here all day writing about his antics but I have to go feed in just a few minutes.

One of the funniest things he does is get the hiccups! Not only that but he hates having them so being a good OTTB who has a bad habit at kicking out in frustration he will pin his ears and kick out sometimes when he hiccups. He did this one day when I was riding him. I had someone riding with me and we both started laughing. I think this made him even madder and he put on the brakes and refused to budge. He just stood there hiccuping and kicking out. I though nowhere in any horse training book does it tell you what to do when your horse does this! I got off of him and lead him back to the barn, laughing all the way!
:lol::lol::lol:

He makes me laugh all the time. I love him to death!:yes::D

jump4me
Mar. 31, 2011, 10:39 AM
Both of mine have quite the sense-of-humors (or is that senseS-of humor? whatever..) that I could probably write a novel for each of them, at least one of them does something almost daily that cracks me up. Like contorting themselves into pretzels to reach under the electric fence (which wasn't even on at the time...) to nibble the first blades of grass. Or stealing my gloves out of my back pockets and running off with them. Or rolling in the wet mud while I'm hooking up the trailer, then looking at me like, "who, ME? :eek: roll in the mud? :eek: NEVER! :winkgrin: it just jumped off the ground and onto my body I SWEAR!:winkgrin::yes::yes::cool:"
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

KayPink
Mar. 31, 2011, 10:58 AM
My TB does funny stuff all the time, mostly because he is WAY too smart for his own good. Case in point, I am trying to pick out his front feet and he will hold his opposite front foot tucked up to his belly so he can't lift up the one I'm asking for. When I walk around thinking, "fine, I'll just pick that foot first, then" he will calmly and swifty switch feet and hold his other foot all the way up so, again, he can't lift the one I want him to. So, I heave my body weight into him to make him pick up his foot and put down the opposite one. However, being the nimble athlete that he is, he just HOPS OVER a step on one leg, while managing to keep his foot tucked up to his belly!! Such a rascal :lol: I love him though hehehe

He will also give (non-horsey) DH a hard time whenever he goes out to check on him/groom him for me. DH will try to catch him in the field and he won't exactly run away, he'll just stay 2-3 steps ahead of him. Then he'll stop and look around as if to say "yeah? so are you gonna catch me or what?". Then as soon as DH takes another step, he'll casually take another few steps forward. It is hilarious to watch :lol: . He knows better than to try to pull that with me ;)

Indy
Mar. 31, 2011, 11:12 AM
A pony I used to take care of was a bra-snapper. If you were in his stall or in his field, he'd come up behind you and start nuzzling down your back until he located your bra and then he'd snap it quick and then turn away like it wasn't him. Most of us were aware of his tendency so we kept our eye on him but every now and then he'd catch you off guard. New people would be like "aww, how sweet, he's snuggly..." then SNAP. He thought he was SOOO funny.