PDA

View Full Version : Covered Arena QUestion

shawneeAcres
Mar. 30, 2011, 02:05 PM
Has anyone ever used a covered "arena" that was built so that the vertical supports were set "in" from the sides. That is, the roof covers 60' but the distance between the supports are 36'. There is a support every 25' in length along each side and then a 12' from the vertical support to the edge of the roof on each side. Here is a pic:

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/grd/2293968968.html

I realize you could have a "show" or anything, but just talking for one or two riders to work in bad weather, simple lessons etc. Of course, I would put some kind of "padding" around the supports just in case someone hit one, but really don't think this would be any worse that an arena that has some trees in it which I have seen. Price is pretty good on one these, 60' is max span of roof

PiaffePlease
Mar. 30, 2011, 11:06 PM
Ive never seen one like this but if its a lot cheaper it might work for you. I have seen arenas with trees and even one at a college barn that had a telephone pole in the jumping arena.

CHT
Mar. 30, 2011, 11:59 PM
A show we used to go to had metal support beams in the warmup ring. they wrapped them in thick foam or mattresses. It was ugly but it worked. Make harrowing more complicated though.