PDA

View Full Version : A Plug for Bit of Britain - their blankets and customer service (crosspost)

Fractious Fox
Mar. 30, 2011, 01:25 PM
*I figured I'd cross post to this forum because I post here more regularly.

Just a short post to praise BOB.. I mean, everyone should be praised for a job well done, right?

Sometime late last year I ordered one of Bit of Britain's house brand turnout sheets. The denier was higher than most other brands (1680D outer shell, 600D lining), the price was certainly right (around $95 on sale), and their guarantee/warranty was unusually good (any problems send it back and they will replace it). Well, the sheet fit very well and was constructed really nicely. My horse has lived in it pretty consistently. In February he did tear a small hole at one hip but he basically lives with a terror of a turnout partner and frankly this horse wrecks everyone's blankets at some point. The hole was smaller than a quarter though and I slapped some duct tape on it with no issue. Early this month (March), my horse did come in though with a torn leg strap; I was impressed, since the leg straps on this blanket are really nice. I decided it was time to see if the guarantee checked out.

I called BOB and was told to wash it and send it back. So, that's what I did. I kind of forgot about it (yay unseasonably dry weather!) and then got an email a few days later notifying me that UPS was sending me a package from BOB. In no time, I had a brand new sheet - no hassle, no fuss, NO PROBLEM. :yes: Truthfully, I couldn't believe it! The blanket arrived just in time for monsoon season to apparently start here in GA (we are having non stop heavy rain for days on end.). It has been performing just as well as the Rambos in the barn. In fact, my favorite combo is my BOB sheet over my 100g Rambo.. my horse dry and warm no matter what!

So, two thumbs up to BOB. Apparently customer service still means something to some businesses! I'll be ordering from them again, and will definitely be buying their blankets in the future. :)

Auburn
Mar. 30, 2011, 02:53 PM
Good to know.

I purchased one of the same sheets last year. It now has a huge rip in the lining (it has only been washed 3 times) and the leather piece on the shoulder came unstitched and is almost off.

Hopefully, BoB will have the same response for my turnout. :yes:

poopoo
Mar. 30, 2011, 03:21 PM
A greedy little leprechaun looking for a pot of gold...?? Puke.

Fractious Fox
Mar. 30, 2011, 03:52 PM
A greedy little leprechaun looking for a pot of gold...?? Puke.

I have no idea what this means, or who it is in response to. :confused:

poopoo
Mar. 30, 2011, 03:55 PM
I'm very sure you don't...

Ibex
Mar. 30, 2011, 03:59 PM
WTF?????

OP - glad to hear it all worked out! Now if only they would ship to Canada...

Hunter Princess
Mar. 30, 2011, 04:02 PM
Ibex-They do ship to Canada, via USPS.

Fractious Fox
Mar. 30, 2011, 04:04 PM
Umm, ok. I really don't know what you mean. I guess you were referring to my post then?

Going out on a limb here - are you suggesting that I work for Bit of Britain? Well, I don't and I don't even live in the region they are located in. This is the only thing I can infer from you statement which has the faintest logic to it. I'm amused though, with your sense of conspiracy.

People post good/bad reviews for companies on these forums all of the time, just search various company names like smartpak, dover, or whatever.

*shrugs shoulders*

Auburn, you should give them a call.

Creaghgal
Mar. 30, 2011, 04:24 PM
There is no such thing as a greedy leprechaun, nor do they go in search of pots of gold. That’s for greedy humans to do.

Another thumbs up for BOB. It's a long drive for me but well worth it.

hundredacres
Mar. 30, 2011, 04:49 PM
poopoo, you should explain you're very strange, passive-aggressive post so we get your gist.

faybe
Mar. 30, 2011, 05:31 PM
I will second! Well, not BoB directly but Tack of the Day. I was very excited about the weekend special for Tredstep paddock boots a few weeks ago and placed my order. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and found one very nice zip up and one equally nice lace up! I emailed them and had an email back within hours. They sent me a return label and new (matching) pair right away and couldn't have been easier to work with. Two thumbs up!

CarolinaGirl
Mar. 30, 2011, 05:57 PM
I will second! Well, not BoB directly but Tack of the Day. I was very excited about the weekend special for Tredstep paddock boots a few weeks ago and placed my order. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and found one very nice zip up and one equally nice lace up! I emailed them and had an email back within hours. They sent me a return label and new (matching) pair right away and couldn't have been easier to work with. Two thumbs up!

Tack of the day was very good about me returning a pair of open front boots. When I put them on for the first time one of the grommets popped off. Emailed them about it, they sent me a label, put it in the mail and got a new pair shortly after. Of course said pair of open fronts have been used twice... and that was over a year ago lol.. but they are very pretty :D

faybe
Mar. 30, 2011, 06:03 PM
Tack of the day was very good about me returning a pair of open front boots. When I put them on for the first time one of the grommets popped off. Emailed them about it, they sent me a label, put it in the mail and got a new pair shortly after. Of course said pair of open fronts have been used twice... and that was over a year ago lol.. but they are very pretty :D

Yes, they were super! I would definitely buy from them again.

Fractious Fox
Mar. 30, 2011, 06:05 PM
Glad to hear others have had good experiences with this company, and also that others were as confused about the leprechaun post as I was ;)

3dazey
Mar. 30, 2011, 06:22 PM
FF, ignore the leprechaun post. Obviously written by a nasty little troll living under a bridge somewhere & peeved because it has been raining so much...well, for that matter I'm peeved because it's raining so much, but I promise I didn't write that post. :cool:

I bought one of those BoB turnout sheets as well as the blanket version and am very pleased with both of them. Glad to know they stand behind their "stuff"!

Fractious Fox
Mar. 30, 2011, 08:04 PM
Hey 3dazey! Thanks for the wise advice ;) I was just thinking of you the other day! I was hoping to make it to PT this week to get a school in but the weather has just been horrible! I really hope to get out there soon though. I know it's very unlikely, but thought "I wonder if I'd run into 3dazy?". :)

kkindley
Mar. 31, 2011, 02:40 PM
another thumbs up on the BOB blankets! I have a 1680d medium, and a 600d light, love them both! Kinda wish I'd have gotten a highneck, but maybe next winter! Only problem I had was the leg strap ripped out (it's attached kinda hinky in the front) and I had thrown away my receipt, but that was right around a year of use too. So no bigggie, having it sewn back on when it gets washed. as a plus, it has not turned any without both legstraps! My medium weight is in its 2nd winter, and even living out 24/7, when I bring her in after heavy rain to ride, she's warm and dry underneath, when everyone in stalls in the barn are stripped because their Rambo's, etc soaked through!