View Full Version : How do I google this trailer part?

Mar. 29, 2011, 11:15 PM
I've got a Circle J trailer with a built in saddle rack. It looks like this:


It has 3 saddle rack slots, but only 2 trees and I'd like to order another one. The dealership we bought it from quoted me a price, but I'm betting I can get it cheaper online if only I can figure out how to google it to find one...

Anyone know what to call this thing?

Mar. 29, 2011, 11:36 PM
What does the dealership call the part?

Mar. 29, 2011, 11:46 PM
Maybe call a pic n pull or a junkyard and you can salvage one and have someone put it on for you.
I did a quick google search for horse trailer parts and couldn't find anything but I didn't look for very long.

Mar. 30, 2011, 12:22 AM
The dealership calls it a "saddle rack tree" - which doesn't turn up anything useful... Perhaps a Craiglist "wanted" ad is my best option?

Mar. 30, 2011, 11:50 AM
I think the easiest thing would be to go to a local machine shop, show them the rack/part and have them make you one. I bet it would cost just about the same as buying one from the manufacturer etc.

Mar. 30, 2011, 11:54 AM
How about those snap type things that hold the doors open or closed? They are a circle with a bar through the middle. Mine were stolen so they are now held with one end of a double ended snap but we all know how easily those things break.

Mar. 30, 2011, 12:50 PM
Those snap things can be found in the drawers at Lowes. In the aisle w/all the screws there are drawers on the opposite side. Just look for the picture of it on the drawer.