PDA

View Full Version : TS trophy hunter breeches sizing

Aerial
Mar. 29, 2011, 05:37 PM
I currently have the Ariat Brittanys and I hate them. They fit me fine through the thigh but the butt?? Not so much. So I'm looking for a new pair and I really like the look of http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-35596&ids=143206449 these but just wanted to see what COTHers had to say about them.
Also, I have probably a 34 inch waist and I'm a 28 in the Ariats...can anyone give me a heads-up on how the TS fit?

Thanks!

ShaSamour
Mar. 29, 2011, 06:57 PM
I'm also a 28 in Ariats but a 30 in TS. YMMV, of course. But I think I'm about the same proportions as you are, and the TS 28's are too small thru the hips.

akhunterrider
Mar. 29, 2011, 07:04 PM
I have 30s in the Ariat Pro Circuit, 30 in Tailored Sportsman Royal and Supreme Hunters, 30s in the TS 4 way breeches and 28s in the Tailored Sportsman Professional breeches. I don't own any of the Trophy hunters, but I have tried them on and I could do the 28 or the 30. It just depends how you want them to fit.

sansibar
Mar. 29, 2011, 07:18 PM
I am a 28 in Guess and Mavi jeans and go up to a 30 in tailored sportman breeches of all the models. I find the trophies to be the most generous of fittings, so you can generally drop a size if you want to.

stillknotreel
Mar. 29, 2011, 07:19 PM
I wear a 24 in Ariats and a 26 in TS. I find the Trophy Hunters run SLIGHTLY larger than the regular TS breeches, though I still buy a 26. I just make sure my belt goes tight enough :) Just seems a hair larger in the waist, but no larger in the thigh area. The velcro on the calf is velcro-ed right on the edge, so maybe the calf is slightly larger around the bottom? But I don't feel like I'm wearing MC Hammer pants.

TarheelJD
Mar. 29, 2011, 07:26 PM
I went up one size in the Trophy Hunters from my Ariats.

One interesting note, the Trophy Hunters are the only Tailored Sportsman breeches that I think fit me well. All the other TSs I tried on were awful on me.

Ibex
Mar. 29, 2011, 07:28 PM

One interesting note, the Trophy Hunters are the only Tailored Sportsman breeches that I think fit me well. All the other TSs I tried on were awful on me.

What she said. They fit more like my Cavallo Derbies than other TSs. Which to me is a good thing. :winkgrin:

iloverain
Mar. 29, 2011, 07:37 PM
Not sure about the fit (I just try them on in-store), but they're LOVELY breeches. Personally, I'm a fan of the front-zip (I find they fit better for many reasons).

WishIWereRiding
Mar. 29, 2011, 08:10 PM
I think everyone is a different fit. I wear 28 in TS (schooling and professional), and I have 1 pair of Ariats that are a 26 (full seat, front zip). I normally wear about a size 6 in clothes, sometimes can stuff myself into a 4, but usually my thighs and butt need a 6! Anyway, I tried on the Trophy Hunter breeches and they were terrible on me! The waist band was huge while the rest fit. They looked really stupid on me. I'm also 5'2", so maybe they would fit better on a taller person.

ponymom64
Mar. 29, 2011, 08:20 PM
My DD is tiny, 5'2" wears a 2 in regular clothes is narrow but has a shape, if that makes sense? Anyway, the Trophy hunters look the best on her of all the TS breeches. The regular low rise schoolers look nice, too. She had a pair of Brittany's in a 26 and she swam in them but the 26 TS lo rise fit perfectly and the 26 (probably could do a 24) Trophy hunters fit really well but with a bit more room to spare. So, I guess I'm saying that they all fit differently but I would probably go up a size in the TS

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 29, 2011, 09:42 PM

How exactly do they fit wrong? How tall are you/what's your build? I'm going to buy some TS breeches and I want to be sure to get the right pair for my conformation (do people have confo?)!

TarheelJD
Mar. 29, 2011, 10:22 PM
How exactly do they fit wrong? How tall are you/what's your build? I'm going to buy some TS breeches and I want to be sure to get the right pair for my conformation (do people have confo?)!

I am 5'8" and a size 12 in most regular clothes/size 32 breeches. Pretty regular build, although I have a somewhat long inseam.

With other TS styles, if they fit me in the waist, they were really big in the thighs and/or butt. Also, the regular rise were too high on me, and the low rise too low. The Trophy Hunter mid-rise work really well.

If it helps for comparison purposes, other breeches that I like and think fit well on me are Pikeur Montana, Pikeur Diandra, Fits Jumpline Beka, and Ariat Fairfax. Can you tell I am a bit of a breeches junkie ;)

Aerial
Mar. 29, 2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone! It sounds like the general concensus would be to go up a size. I have a pretty boyish build with not much in the way of curves. Usually, I seem to have a problem with the low rise fitting through the thighs but then the hip not being nearly big enough.

EmJ628
Mar. 29, 2011, 10:47 PM
I have the two way stretch and 4 way stretch tailoreds (the older style with high waist) and I also have the trophy hunter tailoreds in 28 and I like the way they fit the best. I normally wear a 6ish in reg clothes, I could fit into a 26 in the non-trophy tailoreds. The trophy hunters fit more snug, so depending on how you are proportioned you may want to go up a size, sort of like super low rise jeans vs loose fit jeans.

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 30, 2011, 12:34 AM
I have the two way stretch and 4 way stretch tailoreds (the older style with high waist) and I also have the trophy hunter tailoreds in 28 and I like the way they fit the best. I normally wear a 6ish in reg clothes, I could fit into a 26 in the non-trophy tailoreds. The trophy hunters fit more snug, so depending on how you are proportioned you may want to go up a size, sort of like super low rise jeans vs loose fit jeans.

Are they snug in the waist/hip area, or the thigh area? Thanks!

goodmorning
Mar. 30, 2011, 11:09 AM
Oh, I guess I'm the only one who find that the Ariat Pro's run small? I have 24 Pikeur's, 26 in TS, and my Ariats should really be a 28 to fit my waist better. Maybe it's the winter weight - don't remember them being this tight last summer :lol: They are all pretty baggy in the leg, but the arse needs it's space ;) I also try to steer clear of the true low-rise, because I do have wide hips and the sizes do not fit quite right. I'd need a 32 and I mine as well be wearing sweatpants on my legs. I'm a size 2/26-27 in the real world...

Canaqua
Mar. 30, 2011, 11:19 AM
I fit comfortably into a 28 in the TS trophy hunter breeches...fit is close but not tight. I, briefly, had a pair of Ariat Pro Circuits in size 28 and they didn't fit me at all...the waist JUST fit, if I gained a couple of pounds it wouldn't have, but you could have fit two of me in the hips and thighs, they looked horrible on me, so I gave them to someone curvier. I'm built on the straight up and down side, with narrowish hips and scrawny thighs.

pattnic
Mar. 30, 2011, 11:27 AM
Ariat breeches tend to have a more "curvy" cut, with more room in the hip and thigh than the comparable size of most other brands, like TS. If I want to wear TS (Trophy or Schooler), I go up a size... but the waist is then too big. I am a very hourglass shape, so Ariat seems to fit me the best, but nothing *really* fits without tailoring. I have about a 34" inseam... long/tall fits me better in the leg, but I'm also short-waisted, so I wear low-rise (by the time I'm on the horse, they're at my waist).

I can't be sure, as I haven't tried them, but I am suspicious that Ariat changed the cut of their newer pants to be more like that of TS...

Aerial
Mar. 30, 2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys! Sounds like TS are going to fit my build better than ariat. =)

Rel6
Apr. 2, 2011, 03:42 PM
Trophy hunter front zips are the only ones that fit me well too!

I'm about a 27 in normal jeans. Regular ts a 28 is a tight fit around my hips (almost painfully so) but HUGE and baggy everywhere else.

Front zip 26 fit me perfectly!!

(I'm 5'1'' and 114 lbs. the other thing I like about the front zip trophy hunters is that the velcro bottom folds UP under a tall boot sock really smoothly and goes into my tallboots nice. Everything else is just a smidge too long.)

Rel6
Apr. 2, 2011, 03:42 PM
btw i only wear lowrise. they are just much more comfortable to me!