PDA

View Full Version : nevermind

someday
Mar. 29, 2011, 11:04 AM
nevermind. Stupid of me to ask on here

shortbusgeek
Mar. 29, 2011, 11:23 AM
Have you tried meditation or yoga? Perhaps a cup of chamomile tea or something? There's plenty of alternatives to drugs...

deltawave
Mar. 29, 2011, 11:31 AM
I consider the show nerves a necessary evil. Feels SO GOOD when they go away! :lol: I hand out pills all day long, but try VERY hard not to do so unless it's REALLY necessary. Are you sure you need to be medicated to show? And have you looked into non-pharmacological means of battling "nerves"? Beta blockers are no biggie (heck, IMO they're GOOD for you) but I'd hate to steer a horse towards a downhill oxer on Xanax! :eek:

someday
Mar. 29, 2011, 11:34 AM
I really had no intention of making a big discussion.
For me, it really isn't a confidence issue as much as an out of control physiological response (hence the beta-blockers). When I get really excited, my body responds too much, which leads to my excitable OTTB responding too much

I'm well aware of the benefits of psychotherapy, biofeedback, hypnosis, visualization, etc... I'm just physiologically challenged.

deltawave
Mar. 29, 2011, 11:41 AM
And there's where it's entirely appropriate to have a health care professional helping out with whatbis and is not appropriate to take. That person can easily provide any prescription you both agree is appropriate. But if you're trying to do it without professional guidance, that to me is tantamount to self medication and IMO should be (and is, in fact) illegal.

If you already have a practitioner supervising the use of these meds, why can't they continue to do so? :confused: