PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone competed at FOOTHILLS?

McQueen
Mar. 29, 2011, 11:16 AM
Considering this event to be my last before heading back north. Would love a competitors opinion on the event. How is it run? Footing? Stabling? ect.......
Can't seem to access the website.

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 29, 2011, 11:41 AM
oooh, that would be great to find out too! I also am going to be there!
You can't miss us McQueen... I'm on the big loud near leopard varnish roan blanketed app ;) We'll be running P/T again. :)

See you there!!

Ps... I did hear that it should be a little bit on the softer side as it's a new XC course, so they will see how it runs this first time before beefing it up (if they do). But I have no idea if that is true or not....

eventr4life
Mar. 29, 2011, 11:49 AM
I love the event! The SJ ring is not too big or small, the XC course is a nice size and on the easier side. Stabling could be better, but it's fine.

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 29, 2011, 09:46 PM
Yay :) Thanks!!

Duramax
Mar. 29, 2011, 11:30 PM
This will be the first event at this venue. It is being run by Alicia Henderson, long time Area II & III secretary and organizer (did Jumping Branch for 10+ years, has done FENCE, does the Fork 3 star). It is being held at her father's farm near Rutherford county NC. Should be a lovely and very laid back event- Jon Wells is doing the xc building & design so that alone will make it great! :yes: Entries thus far have been slow coming in so she'll probably take them to the very last minute (or knowing Alicia til the time you trot down the center line!). Alicia is considering adding the individual "tests" as well to attract more entries. Come support it! :yes:

FLeckenAwesome
Mar. 30, 2011, 11:41 AM
I'm going :) And have convinced my friend to send in her entry :) My trainer is bringing two other students too :)

Cannot wait!!! Now if it would just quit POURING so I can get some fitness work in :)

McQueen
Mar. 30, 2011, 04:06 PM
Duramax, any chance the show will become a one day?

Duramax
Mar. 31, 2011, 12:08 AM
Not sure- you can email Alicia though: windridge@ioa.com