PDA

View Full Version : Poplar CIC** Coursewalk

Divine Comedy
Mar. 29, 2011, 09:52 AM
I had a fabulous time at Poplar this past weekend and I wanted to let everyone know that I've post the CIC** coursewalk on my blog, linked in my signature.

Poplar does an amazing job handling so many horses in one weekend. The footing in their rings is fantastic and other than a few snags that bothered me (XC warmup isn't very big, FEI riders had to warm up in a ring their horses had never been in before, speaker system is strangely difficult to hear well), I thought they really put on a stellar show.

Even with the rain holds on Saturday, they got all of the riders through in the daylight hours. I know they responded very quickly to all rider and horse falls, and while I wasn't there, I heard they handled the tragic incident with Dekorum in the best way possible in that situation. My heart and condolences goes out to her rider, owner, connections, and all those on the scene.

Other than that tragedy, it seemed that all other riders and horses came home safely, albeit with a missing tooth or two. I loved the CIC** course, which I thought was challenging but definitely doable. The stadium course was very nice as well.

Thank you to all the volunteers and officials for helping this event to run so well.

Lisa Cook
Mar. 29, 2011, 10:09 AM
Other than that tragedy, it seemed that all other riders and horses came home safely, albeit with a missing tooth or two.

:) A friend of mine was at the water complex when Buck ran into a problem there with his horse earlier in the day. My friend then relayed this to me:

I was talking with the jump judge a few hours later by chance and he said Buck was doubled over so he asked if he was ok. "Yah I'm ok" Then spit a tooth out ,got his horse taken care of and went to get his next ride and smoked the course.

Buck is a tough dude!

But with a sensitive side (this is starting to sound like the State Farm commercial). From the same friend:

Another thing about Buck Davidson that impressed me was that when he heard about Dekorum he came running flat out from where ever he was to comfort Micheal Pollard. If he was at the start gate it had to be 3/4 of a mile.